The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eastside Hockey Manager 2015/Early Access Edition

Rick Grimes

Really? I had a 19 year old Noah Hanifin score a PPG for me, and his attributes were garbage. If anything, I've been complaining about defense scoring being way too high on my end. :lol:

lol I had Kulikov turn in to a point per game 20 goal scorer

Weird stuff, homiez. Doughty's got like, ten goals right now in about 60 games. Subban has 3. Chara has 0.

I don't even.

I find in general players don't get as many points as 2007.

Might've been patches/roster updates. I dunno. I think the community can tweak those things when they develop a new patch or roster update. As mentioned tho defensemen scoring league wide is down for me. However I think the overall number of goals in the league is pretty accurate to that in R.L. And the PP production has always been down in my game regardless if its EA or 2007. High teens PP % is top of the league.

People report differences here though. It's strange like that.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

Thinking of getting this game. Is it hard to learn?

There's definitely a bit of a learning curve, but you can get a lot out of this game without being an expert. There's a tutorial video on youtube that walks you through the basics and that should be enough to get you comfortable.

edit: The video's in the OP but I'll post it here as well.

Edited by Intoewsables

There's definitely a bit of a learning curve, but you can get a lot out of this game without being an expert. There's a tutorial video on youtube that walks you through the basics and that should be enough to get you comfortable.

edit: The video's in the OP but I'll post it here as well.

Coolbeans, thanks. Was it you that hosted the make a player games with the 2007 version on here? Those were fun.

Might've been patches/roster updates. I dunno. I think the community can tweak those things when they develop a new patch or roster update. As mentioned tho defensemen scoring league wide is down for me. However I think the overall number of goals in the league is pretty accurate to that in R.L. And the PP production has always been down in my game regardless if its EA or 2007. High teens PP % is top of the league.

People report differences here though. It's strange like that.

Yeah for sure, my team isn't great anyways so I am working through those kinks. Overall though guys like Crosby get like 90 pts a season. In 2007 it was like 120 everytime.

What player game was this you used to develop?

Turns out the AI has no idea how to fantasy draft. Ended up with this because they keep making stupid picks like Bogdan Yakimov in round 5 and Darcy Kuemper in round 2.

e6a4d07b97d7144101e6b5da796ebacd.png

Nick Foligno btw

Weird. Never tried that. They need to tweak the algorithms or whatever that determine which picks the AI takes. Nobody takes Kuemper in the second round - even if you're drunk and don't have a clue about hockey

Turns out the AI has no idea how to fantasy draft. Ended up with this because they keep making stupid picks like Bogdan Yakimov in round 5 and Darcy Kuemper in round 2.

e6a4d07b97d7144101e6b5da796ebacd.png

Nick Foligno btw

I forgot you could do fantasy drafts so conducted one with the Nucks last night, picking at #30 and #31. And surprise surprise, Darcy Kuemper was the unanimous choice of every single one of the scouting and coaching staff, despite Kane, Toews, Ovechkin, Malkin, Sedins, Subban, Lundqvist and Rask all being available still.

So I then re-started with the Islanders. Exactly the same thing happened. Which I thought was odd, as surely different staff with different stats would recommend different players?

So I started a third, with Florida. They recommended Kuemper for my first round selection. Unanimously.

My fourth and final game I was the BJs. And 2nd round pick, Darcy Kuemper.

I wouldn't mind, but in my long-term save he didn't even make the NHL properly. He's playing for Bern aged 34 now, only managing 188 NHL games with 74 wins and SV% of .902. That's with the Wild and their defence too.

FIX THIS PLEASE.

I managed to trade Mike Smith for Darcy Kuemper in one of my games, and that turned out to be super lopsided in my favour. Smith was stashed away in the AHL for them at $6M or whatever, and Kuemper became a cheap, decent #1 for me. But yeah, the AI obsessing over him is bizarre. :lol:

I'm in my 3rd year as Canucks GM, first year I missed the PO with 3Points. In my 2nd year I was the worst team in the NHL(I started a full rebuild) but I picked as 2nd :rolleyes:

My best 4 scorers in the 2nd year

nv17yt.png

Now my team is..

2r2vgxe.png

NHL/AHL roster the players in the red box aren't Canucks players.

My unsigned prospects..

2n0sxlv.jpg

I need to improve my defense and my bottom-6, does anyone have a idea? And I need some tipps for the tactics.. my tactics are BS, my scoring is so bad and my defensive is much worse :sick:

Edited by Cocolocci