The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eastside Hockey Manager 2015/Early Access Edition

Rick Grimes

Won the cup in my 3rd year with Buffalo. Went full rebuild the first year to get Eichel, Hanifin, Kylington and others, finished 10th my 2nd year. Really only had this huge jump of success because Stamkos and Voracek went to FA and Detroit fired Babcock who I immediately signed.

Bonino was my third line center last season, but had a pretty horrid year (something like 20 points). Traded him to Pittsburgh for a 1st and a 3rd. Replaced Bonino with rookie Jacob Forsbacka-Karlsson who's already much better, and the 1st rounder ended up being first overall. :lol:

Was looking up for the first couple weeks then I got bit by the injury bug. Boner out for 3 months with torn acl. Lost edler, Dorset, Daniel, hammer for month long periods. I'm like 12/15/2 now. At one point my depth was so riddled with injury I had higgy playing center and had to call up shinkuruk for 5 games. Little bugger scored 4 goals on the third line

Is it possible to retire numbers? :huh:

Yeah, but it's not your choice. The player has to be good enough to justify a jersey retirement AND they have to play for your team for their entire career, and then they'll have it retired automatically. Probably something that could use fixing haha.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but it's not your choice. The player has to be good enough to justify a jersey retirement AND they have to play for your team for their entire career, and then they'll have it retired automatically. Probably something that could use fixing haha.

Meeh.. I want to retire #10, #11, #16 and #19. -_- Thank you!

Tatar had his number retired on my game despite having played for the Wings; however the 842 career goals, 819 with my Nucks + another 119 in the playoffs, might have had something to do with it. Also his $2.75m contract for the first two years, followed by 5 years at $2.17m, might have helped.

Curiously, Yakupov's number hasn't been retired and he scored similar numbers.

Tatar had his number retired on my game despite having played for the Wings; however the 842 career goals, 819 with my Nucks + another 119 in the playoffs, might have had something to do with it. Also his $2.75m contract for the first two years, followed by 5 years at $2.17m, might have helped.

Curiously, Yakupov's number hasn't been retired and he scored similar numbers.

Hmm, maybe they changed the rules on that in the new game then. I've just never seen it brought up so I assumed it was the same as 07. Interesting.

After winning my 3rd straight Cup with the Canucks, I think I could say I've built a Dynasty :emot-parrot:

My Line-Up for the season 2019-20.

15cg5r9.jpg

Notable Trades/Signings

Lucic (31, who scored only 12G for 30P as 2nd-Liner) to BUF for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the 2020 Draft.

Bonino for the rights to Kucherov

Bjugstad for 2nd and 3rd 2020 and Prospect Villa to NSH

Sign Gudbranson to a $4.2/4y deal, Kucherov $5/4y

This game is goofed, by some glitch the blues put tarasenko on the block and I got him for vey and a first. Put him with the sedins and went on a 15 game loosing skid and got fired. Restarted with mostly starting lineup save some depth signigs and I'm about to just slide into the playoffs. I did better when I went with all offence 4 lines insead of the traditional one tough guy line, 1 checking, and 2 scoring.

I did manage to turn my ahl guys + weber who wouldn't resign into picks. looks like mathias will walk because he wants more than the board is willing to pay. Hoping to replace him with Santo in free agency

Set the player status to something better and the board will allow you to sign them for more.

Cal O'Reilly and yannik wouldn't sign for anything,plain old not interested. Weber sat as depth to stanton. Also bunch of my ahl guys didn't play at all and didn't want to sign. Needed to make room for youngins anyways on the farm. Tried to sign edler as a free agent but this board wouldnt give me enough money. Would have got me a legit 2d for edler too. Cheap bastards

Edited by derr12