The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PROPOSAL) VAN-EDM

Hamhuis is who they';d bring in to mentor Nurse. Not to replace him.

Edm says no, Nurse represents their future on the blue line.

they need mpre veteran presence. They have enough young guns. Plus they can use one of their 1sts for another D prospect to develope

they need mpre veteran presence. They have enough young guns. Plus they can use one of their 1sts for another D prospect to develope

exactly they need more vet presence on their blue line.

And they've no young guns in their blue line to speak of. Nurse is really it.

Lets flip the tables. Would you accept trading virtanen or horvat and a pick for Louis Eriksson smith and a throw in?

As much as it pains me to say, Edmonton could be really good in a couple of years.

They have some nice assets to move in order to round out their roster. If they trade as little as one top forward for a good young defenseman, it will make a world of difference.

Moving Nurse is so the wrong move. Any forward other than McDavid is better.

If they can shore up their defense, they have to worry less about goaltending in the short term.

Value is actually pretty fair imo. Edmonton doesnt do it cause its not the direction they want to go in though. As has already been stated, Nurse is the future of their blueline and they probably want him to grow with the rest of the core.

As much as it pains me to say, Edmonton could be really good in a couple of years.

They have some nice assets to move in order to round out their roster. If they trade as little as one top forward for a good young defenseman, it will make a world of difference.

Moving Nurse is so the wrong move. Any forward other than McDavid is better.

If they can shore up their defense, they have to worry less about goaltending in the short term.

People have been saying that for years. I'll believe it when I see it.

^^^ha ha, touché

There has been some action on the management front. Nicholson seems to be taking over and Lowe has lost authority. MacTavish has been made a junior and Chirelli is the new GM. Rumour has it that the new coach will be McLellan. That's a good start.

To Edmonton: Edler

To Vancouver: Draisaitl, 2016 first

Edmonton struggles to attract free agents and needs a true #1 D man. Edler is signed to a very reasonable cap hit for a years to come. But I doubt Edler waives. Maybe he would to go to the Islanders. Dal Colle and a first.

To Edmonton: Edler

To Vancouver: Draisaitl, 2016 first

Edmonton struggles to attract free agents and needs a true #1 D man. Edler is signed to a very reasonable cap hit for a years to come. But I doubt Edler waives. Maybe he would to go to the Islanders. Dal Colle and a first.

This one makes more sense. But they are probably more willing to give up their 16th overall pick this year than next years first as it could be another high pick

This one makes more sense. But they are probably more willing to give up their 16th overall pick this year than next years first as it could be another high pick

Exactly why I would want the 2016 first. I'm still not sold on the Oilers and think their first will be top 10 in a deeper draft year. If they want to trade their #16 this year, I would want more coming back.

If Kesler can get two young roster players on reasonable contracts (until the Sbisa extension was signed. . . yuck) plus a late first when he had all of one destination he would accept a trade to, then Edler is worth a blue chip prospect plus a very high pick if not more. Even if his NTC excludes 20 teams, there are 9 teams that would absolutely want Edler on their team. I think he is by far the best sell high option on our roster right now, and at 29 I don't see him being a core roster player when the Horvat/Baertschi/Virtanens are entering their prime. If Benning and Linden are serious about trying to target "core prospects" to form a new nucleus for the team, and if we need to move a defenseman in order to open up space for the Clendening/Corrado/Stanton/Webers, then I think an Edler trade is by far the most likely way of acquiring those players. Its going to be hard to get great value out of moving Bieksa. Hamhuis. . . maybe you can get a first rounder from a contender at the deadline, but thats a #20-30 first rounder. That player may not have an impact on the Canucks for five years or more, if they are ever a core piece.

Its not going to happen though.If the rationale behind signing Sbisa was to defend against the possibility of losing both Hamhuis and Bieksa in free agency, none of Tanev, Sbisa, or Edler will be traded.

Archived