The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No CapGeek? No problem - welcome Hockey's Cap

I emailed the site and understand the issues raised below have been dealt with.

I like the setup and information about clauses in contracts.

otoh, it looks like it could use some work on the totals. The Canucks page currently shows for 2015-16:

Forwards: Henrik 7.0 Daniel 7.0 Vrbata 5.0 Burrows 4.5 Higgins 2.5 Hansen 2.5 Bonino 1.9 Kassian 1.75 Dorsett 2.65 (Horvat 894,167)

Defencemen: Edler 5.0 Bieksa 4.6 Hamhuis 4.5 Sbisa 3.6 Tanev 4.45

Goaltenders Miller 6.0 Lack 1.15

Retained Salary (Luongo) 0.8

Salary Cap 71.7 (I can't see that it says it is a projection)

Cap Payroll 59.544167 (??? I get 63,944,167 when I do it, not including Luongo's retained salary)

Current bonuses .85

Projected Cap Space 12,155,833

For the life of me I can't figure out where the Cap Payroll figure comes from. It appears to me to be several million under the real total of the figures they've given, which of course affects the projected cap space as well. I'd also prefer if they showed their projected salary cap as a projection, which from the figures they've given I get to be about $6.1 million with several players to sign.

As Ghostsof1915 points out Shinkaruk is listed twice. Stanton, who spent the season in the NHL, is shown as a non-roster player with the minor leaguers.

Juniors whose contracts are sliding aren't shown at all, which I guess makes it easier to count contracts but means there's no record of who is signed.

Presumably either I'm missing something or these things will get ironed out over the next few days.

Archived