The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

cdcpuck 2015

Drewismyname

Swede, how do you think having pims be a neg will make the league worse?

Don't think it'll directly make it worse, just cause some conflict. I know I all of the other CDC leagues PIM count as points for you, not against, and everyone seems to like a different way of having points included. It just brings a new aspect of fun to the game.

I love in Fantasy when there are multiple ways besides Goals, Assists and Blocks to score points. If you aren't going to include them, just leave it at 0.

Don't think it'll directly make it worse, just cause some conflict. I know I all of the other CDC leagues PIM count as points for you, not against, and everyone seems to like a different way of having points included. It just brings a new aspect of fun to the game.

I love in Fantasy when there are multiple ways besides Goals, Assists and Blocks to score points. If you aren't going to include them, just leave it at 0.

how does other leagues systems have any effect on ours? Sorry i may just be tired but i had trouble finding the negatives in your post.

Saves should be at 0.1 points too btw

I don't like that. How many shots does a goalie take on average? Let's say 27. That's about 221 points a year, which may seem like nothing but it's actually quite a lot.

Having this also makes it extremely hard to value goaltenders.

how does other leagues systems have any effect on ours? Sorry i may just be tired but i had trouble finding the negatives in your post.

Not saying that, so sorry if you took it in Anoter direction. That's not at all what I was meaning to do.

Just think it's kind of stupid to have penalties cout as a negative, especially when there is considerably less fights/PIM. If anything, PIM should count just becasue how rare fighting is.

Not saying that, so sorry if you took it in Anoter direction. That's not at all what I was meaning to do.

Just think it's kind of stupid to have penalties cout as a negative, especially when there is considerably less fights/PIM. If anything, PIM should count just becasue how rare fighting is.

So because fights are rare a player in real life putting his team on the pk should benefit your fantasy team?

I feel that players who put their team on the pk way too much are detrimental to their team in real life and as we are trying to make this a league based on reality why pull a 180 and make it good. If someone can rationally explain why ill listen.

I don't like that. How many shots does a goalie take on average? Let's say 27. That's about 221 points a year, which may seem like nothing but it's actually quite a lot.

Having this also makes it extremely hard to value goaltenders.

Let's say you're right with the 27 thing. That makes an average of 2.7 points a game. Goalies would only get an extra 2 to 5 points out of the whole thing... I don't see anything too wrong with that.

Let's say you're right with the 27 thing. That makes an average of 2.7 points a game. Goalies would only get an extra 2 to 5 points out of the whole thing... I don't see anything too wrong with that.

Often its the goalie who gets no action that lets in four or five goals. Why reward a goalie who had the benefit of being warmed up?

So because fights are rare a player in real life putting his team on the pk should benefit your fantasy team?

I feel that players who put their team on the pk way too much are detrimental to their team in real life and as we are trying to make this a league based on reality why pull a 180 and make it good. If someone can rationally explain why ill listen.

You can do whatever you want, just doesn't make sense to have a whole bunch of enforcers not useful in the league.

It's not a bad concept, in fact I'd be in favour of it, it's just that it makes it extremely hard to evaluate goalies point production in trade negotiations as you'd have no clue as to whether they were points from wins or points from shots.

If we do indeed make shots against goalies count, then we for sure are making PIM count for you.

how many enforcers are really in the league though? Chi tampa are in the finals. The Ferland method failed in the second round

Probably about 30. We don't need to be arguing about it, just my .02.

I think we should do it, but your the commish...

Probably about 30. We don't need to be arguing about it, just my .02.

I think we should do it, but your the commish...

Do what?

Not arguing man i will go with the crowd 90% of the time. this is a hockey fan and another hockey fan trying to figure out what rules best translate nhl hockey to fantasy hockey.

Do what?

Not arguing man i will go with the crowd 90% of the time. this is a hockey fan and another hockey fan trying to figure out what rules best translate nhl hockey to fantasy hockey.

True haha :P

I just really like the idea of having PIM included only if it's like 1 point for a penalty.

Archived