The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

cdcpuck 2015

Drewismyname

I too never got why PIMS should be rewarded. In reality you wouldn't want a player that puts your team down all the time. I don't care what we go with on that, but since there's conflict it might be best for them to have no value.

Also for saves or other stats, I'm fine with anything, since Fantrax shows how many points each player/goalie gets per category. My suggestion though would be once we have an idea on what the scoring system will be, check how last years totals would have been with that system. It'd be best if the top C's, top W's, top D's, and top G's were all roughly of equal value. And then see if there's a drop off in any position after the top bunch.

It can be tough to do, but for example I found that giving D extra points for +/- and PPP kept them more on pace with the forwards.

If that makes any sense.

If there isnt too much outrage im going to make penalties a negative. Not a huge negative but yea...... Never got that. Penalties are bad for your team

I agree that pm should not be rewarded - I don't like the scoring systems that do - but perhaps it's easiest to simply exclude them?

Regarding points per save - not a bad idea, but if that is in addtion to points for wins and shutouts etc goaltenders could become even more dominant in the scoring system than they already tend to be in other leagues. Just a thought. If there was a way to include save points for the losing goaltender while the winner picks up the 10 or whatever, that could be interesting?

Here we go

FORWARDS

Goals 4

Assists 3

+ 2 points for each postive number I;E +2 =4points

Hits .5

Blocks .75

DEFENSE

Goals 5

Assists 4

+ 2

Hits .5

Blocks .75

All Fights 5 points

Goalies .1 each save

Win 5

Shut-out 7 ?

Just a starting point for discussion .......Thoughts ?

Here we go

FORWARDS

Goals 4

Assists 3

Hits .5

Blocks .75

DEFENSE

Goals 5

Assists 4

+ 2

Hits .5

Blocks .75

All Fights 5 points

Goalies .1 each save

Win 5

OT Win 7

I like most of it.

Don't think fights should be worth more than goals, I'd actually prefer shots on goal instead of fights.

I'm definitely a fan of defense goals and assists having more value than forwards.

I'd replace the extra points for an OT win with extra points for a shutout.

Either way, good to get the ball rolling.

I like most of it.

Don't think fights should be worth more than goals, I'd actually prefer shots on goal instead of fights.

I'm definitely a fan of defense goals and assists having more value than forwards.

I'd replace the extra points for an OT win with extra points for a shutout.

Either way, good to get the ball rolling.

Shots On goal would only really add to the higher scoring players or at very least add to the gap between the best players and the rest. Fights was meant to give value to the player/s whose penalty minutes are a positive to their team and can certainly be lowered.

Great Idea about shut-outs , I should have thought of that.

Here we go

FORWARDS

Goals 4

Assists 3

Hits .5

Blocks .75

DEFENSE

Goals 5

Assists 4

+ 2

Hits .5

Blocks .75

All Fights 5 points

Goalies .1 each save

Win 5

OT Win 7

Add points for shutouts and I like it.

I don't like +2 for each +1, unless there's also a -2 for being -1. Someone like Patrice Bergeron, who is consistently +, actually ends up with less +/- points than someone like John Tavares who has more + days, but more - days too. I'd really like +/- to be consistent and say if, over the season, you're +30, you got 60pts for that, whereas if you're -30, you got -60.

I agree that pm should not be rewarded - I don't like the scoring systems that do - but perhaps it's easiest to simply exclude them?

Regarding points per save - not a bad idea, but if that is in addtion to points for wins and shutouts etc goaltenders could become even more dominant in the scoring system than they already tend to be in other leagues. Just a thought. If there was a way to include save points for the losing goaltender while the winner picks up the 10 or whatever, that could be interesting?

This is also in response to Pineapples,

The consensus seems to be that most do not want pims to be a negative. I will make sure to include this in the rules.

I am not a huge fan of points per saves but have an open mind.

any thoughts on goals against?

This is also in response to Pineapples,

The consensus seems to be that most do not want pims to be a negative. I will make sure to include this in the rules.

I am not a huge fan of points per saves but have an open mind.

any thoughts on goals against?

Most GM's" claim" they want it to come close to real life.

Real life salaries would indicate there are a handfull of players whose supposed value to their team is greater than the best goalies.

In theory then we want a scoring system where the top 10-20 players are mixed in the the top goalies.

I have been in a few leagues where they seem to find this balance .

The best way to play around with this is to plug the stats/points you want into your league set-up then check player ranking's . When I last looked the first 2 pages were goalies , even the back ups were scoring more than the best players.

T

I would like to thank Buddhas Hand and Mike Vanderhoek for accepting Assistant Commissioner roles. I am extremely happy to have such knowledgeable guys running the league with me.

This is the tentative scoring structure. It is up for discussion so please review it and post your opinions. It is tough to change the scoring without throwing the resulting values of players out of whack so keep that in mind if we cannot grant your requests.

Skaters

+/- .75

A 4

Blk .75

Fight 3

G 5

GWG 1

Hit .5

Hat Trick 3

OT Goal 2

SH Point 1

Goalies

A 4

OT Loss 5

Shutout 5

Win 10

What about SHP 2 points PPP 1 point

This.

Also, I'd make:

- Goalie assists = 6pts (much rarer, therefore should be worth more than skaters)

- Goalie goals = 20pts (very rare indeed, 99pts in other leagues is way too much but they should be given credit)

- Take out hits completely

- +/- should be 0.5 pts per +

- 2pts for a GWG, rewarding clutch performers

- take out fights completely, as the NHL should do. I'm not having fighters on my team out of principle and I don't think we should be rewarding them at all

- 1pt for an OT assist maybe?

Under the current rules, I took the Hart Trophy winner (Jamie Benn) and the winningest goalie (Carey Price)

Benn:

G (35) = 175

A (52) = 208

GWG (6) = 6

OT goal (0) = 0

SH Point (5) = 5

Hat trick (2) = 6

Hits (120) = 60

Blocks (50) = 37.5

Fights (4) = 12

+/- (+45) = 33.75

TOTAL = 543.25

Price:

Wins (44) = 440

Shutouts (9) = 45

Assists (1) = 4

OT Loss (6) = 30

TOTAL = 519

Then took the biggest hitting / shot blocking player I saw with my eye, Brooks Orpik:

G (0) = 0

A (19) = 76

GWG (0) = 0

OT goal (0) = 0

SH Point (0) = 0

Hat trick (0) = 0

Hits (306) = 153

Blocks (192) = 144

Fights (0) = 0

+/- (+42) = 31.5

TOTAL = 404.5

Now those are the three extremes - best scorer, best goalie and best pest - for me, Orpik gets too many points under the current system. I'd rather take out hits completely and just have blocks.

This.

Also, I'd make:

- Goalie assists = 6pts (much rarer, therefore should be worth more than skaters)

- Goalie goals = 20pts (very rare indeed, 99pts in other leagues is way too much but they should be given credit)

- Take out hits completely

- +/- should be 0.5 pts per +

- 2pts for a GWG, rewarding clutch performers

- take out fights completely, as the NHL should do. I'm not having fighters on my team out of principle and I don't think we should be rewarding them at all

- 1pt for an OT assist maybe?

Under the current rules, I took the Hart Trophy winner (Jamie Benn) and the winningest goalie (Carey Price)

Benn:

G (35) = 175

A (52) = 208

GWG (6) = 6

OT goal (0) = 0

SH Point (5) = 5

Hat trick (2) = 6

Hits (120) = 60

Blocks (50) = 37.5

Fights (4) = 12

+/- (+45) = 33.75

TOTAL = 543.25

Price:

Wins (44) = 440

Shutouts (9) = 45

Assists (1) = 4

OT Loss (6) = 30

TOTAL = 519

Then took the biggest hitting / shot blocking player I saw with my eye, Brooks Orpik:

G (0) = 0

A (19) = 76

GWG (0) = 0

OT goal (0) = 0

SH Point (0) = 0

Hat trick (0) = 0

Hits (306) = 153

Blocks (192) = 144

Fights (0) = 0

+/- (+42) = 31.5

TOTAL = 404.5

Now those are the three extremes - best scorer, best goalie and best pest - for me, Orpik gets too many points under the current system. I'd rather take out hits completely and just have blocks.

Nice Job capt'n ...Maybe drop value of Hits instead of ban it

Archived