Canucks Community

[Proposal] Edmonton-Nashville

To Edm

Seth Jones

To Nash

2015 1st - 16th overall

2012 2nd - 33rd overall

Eberle/RNH

That makes a TON more sense for Edmonton as Seth grows with the boys instead of Weber. Alternatively Josi might even be available for far cheaper.

Edmonton will have one more year of bottom feeding status...maybe. Chiarelli won't let it happen for more than a season to decide who goes/stays in the org

Overpayment for an ageing defenceman. Weber is good but he's not 3 x first liner forwards-good.

Edmonton should go after one of the many other good defencemen in Nashville.

I'd consider Weber, Josi and Jones pretty much untouchable. Ellis and Ekholm are very attainable though. With McDavid coming in, RNH and Hall still in the fold down the middle, if I were Edmonton I'd consider Draisaitl expendable.

Draisaitl for Ellis straight up.

I see Edmonton making a push for Oduya, unrestricted at end of season, they have cap space to sign him. Question is if McDavid enough to draw these mid level FA to Edmonton.

I like this trade for Nashville, they could use more scoring, but that is a little steep to get Weber. He also may have surgery in the offseason on his Knee... but this is the kind of deal it would take for Nashville to part with him. McDavid is in, why not swing for the fences

Archived