The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Colorado [proposal]

To Canucks: O' Reilly, Bigras, 2016 5th

To Avs: Hammer, Bonino, 2017 2nd

Canucks get a legit 2nd line centre or a left winger in O'reilly and a good defensive prospect in Bigras

Avs get a good defenseman in hammer to play with Johnson or Barrie. Bonino to replace the lost of O'reilly and a 2nd to replace the loss of Bigras

Seems like a pretty even trade all things considered, but I'd be weary trading away Hamhuis and leaving a pretty thin bottom-4 defence. Maybe if we can sign some patch-work defencemen like Green/Franson/Ehrhoff/Martin/Jackman until Corrado, Clendening, Bigras are ready to play bigger, 20-25 minutes a night then we'll have a decent transitioning team moving forward.

But yeh, good idea and pretty fair.

And we fit in ROR's increased cap how? We're already tight to it needing to sign a few more players and the difference between Bonino and Bigras still leaves us taking on a bit more than we have room for.

To Canucks: O' Reilly, Bigras, 2016 5th

To Avs: Hammer, Bonino, 2017 2nd

Canucks get a legit 2nd line centre or a left winger in O'reilly and a good defensive prospect in Bigras

Avs get a good defenseman in hammer to play with Johnson or Barrie. Bonino to replace the lost of O'reilly and a 2nd to replace the loss of Bigras

I would want a Conditional 2016 1st and 2nd if O'reilly doesn't re-sign

Not in a million years! We are not trading our best prospect who looks like he'll be a steady top 4 guy who would be the perfect complement to either EJ or Barrie in a couple years. Bigras goes nowhere and certainly not for a 2nd so forget it. The rest of the trade is ok but I would hope we could get a younger D from someone else. Hamhuis won't waive anyways so it's pretty much a moot point.

Archived