The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

4th of July: Independence Day!

We burned the White House in 1814. I think our stones are just fine thank you very much.

Awww, are you feeling a little inadequate? So this is you --> "Well well, over 200 years ago, a different country marched into swampland nearly unopposed by anything but a rag tag militia and set fire to a building in the middle of that swampland!!!!. We'll be fine because of that!"

Not to be insulting, but Canada can afford to have the #14 ranked military only because the U.S. is it's closest ally. If the U.S. turned it's back on Canada, your tax rates would rise even higher than they already are, and universal health care would be in jeopardy because your military spending would have to ramp up.

Being that close of a neighbor to Russia is a tad dangerous to Canada. Especially now that oil is in the equation.

There are people here that will feel slighted about this post, but reality sucks sometimes. China will leapfrog the US and Russia in military might within the next 20 years or so if that makes anybody feel any better.

Awww, are you feeling a little inadequate? So this is you --> "Well well, over 200 years ago, a different country marched into swampland nearly unopposed by anything but a rag tag militia and set fire to a building in the middle of that swampland!!!!. We'll be fine because of that!"

Not to be insulting, but Canada can afford to have the #14 ranked military only because the U.S. is it's closest ally. If the U.S. turned it's back on Canada, your tax rates would rise even higher than they already are, and universal health care would be in jeopardy because your military spending would have to ramp up.

Being that close of a neighbor to Russia is a tad dangerous to Canada. Especially now that oil is in the equation.

There are people here that will feel slighted about this post, but reality sucks sometimes. China will leapfrog the US and Russia in military might within the next 20 years or so if that makes anybody feel any better.

I think if Canada were to ever be invaded by say China or Russia there would be a make shift union between the U.S. And Canada either by force or voluntarily..

interesting article..

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/no-secret-plans-to-invade-canada-u-s-mexico-say-but-that-wasnt-always-the-case

I think if Canada were to ever be invaded by say China or Russia there would be a make shift union between the U.S. And Canada either by force or voluntarily..

interesting article..

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/no-secret-plans-to-invade-canada-u-s-mexico-say-but-that-wasnt-always-the-case

Thanks for the link. Even though It's a poorly written, fact checking cherry picked article, I learned a couple of things that I'm going to read about.

The US politicians wouldn't survive (politically) in office if the US population even caught a whiff of any invasion plans.

For it's own part, Canada could put a serious short term dent in the US economy and by association it's short term infrastructure if it cut off it's oil exports to the US. Canada is the U.S.'s #1 oil supplier.

Politically, western nations are so interwoven with each other, that if any major nation, including the US, took action against another, the economic and political retribution would swift and harsh.

Any soort of "invasion plan" is plain made up for headlines.

Archived