The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

France'sTop Weatherman Tells the Truth on Climate Change-Given Forced Holiday

nucklehead

The guy is a weather man, not a climatologist. Just because he knows what the weather is going to look like for the next few days (which I'd challenge anyways based on the amount of times they're wrong) does not mean he knows better than the hundreds of thousands of scientists who have observed, recorded and written on the impact of climate change.

This is the same as the "dissent" in the vaccine debate. There are literally millions of scientists and articles supporting the fact that vaccines do not cause autism, yet for some reason some people pray that one article will come into existence proving vaccines do cause autism. For some reason they think that one article or one scientist knows better than the millions of others who have found the opposite and that will make their false belief valid. It makes no sense.

The fact is that climate change is real and very observable. Even if climate change ISN'T man-made, who cares? Is cleaning up our emissions and making the streets of Beijing walkable without a mouth covering really all that evil of a concept? What is the downside of cleaning up our emissions? We can't maximize profits for a few years? Is it really worth risking our entire planet on the 1% chance climate change isn't our fault?

He actually one of France's most well respected meteorologist with a master's degree in sustainable development from a top level international university....but sure write him off as a "weather man". I guess the "scientific consensus" (which buy the way is not a thing. Science by its nature questions things), doesn't include him...

He actually one of France's most well respected meteorologist with a master's degree in sustainable development from a top level international university....but sure write him off as a "weather man". I guess the "scientific consensus" (which buy the way is not a thing. Science by its nature questions things), doesn't include him...

Oh, well respected!

And a masters in sustainable development!?!? Daaaaaamn. He is an authority on climate change!

Oh, well respected!

And a masters in sustainable development!?!? Daaaaaamn. He is an authority on climate change!

Sustainable development is the study of how human development affects the environment. It most certainly involves the effect of human produced GHG emissions on the environment.

Sustainable development is the study of how human development affects the environment. It most certainly involves the effect of human produced GHG emissions on the environment.

LOL Come on...that's like saying a masters in sustainable development would make him an authority on bridge engineering because it involves transportation. I have a masters in sustainable development and I'm sure as hell not an authority on climate change lol!

LOL Come on...that's like saying a masters in sustainable development would make him an authority on bridge engineering because it involves transportation. I have a masters in sustainable development and I'm sure as hell not an authority on climate change lol!

No it's not like that at all....

He works in weather and has a master's level degree on the effects of human development on the environment....I don't see how that's not related. You obviously have no idea how education works. Most science degrees are general science degrees. You take whatever courses you want and specialize in work afterwards. You can give yourself whatever title you want.

http://www.environmentalscience.org/career/climatologist

Here's a little help for you, since you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept. List of recommended degrees:

Climatologist is just a random title. You can get a variety of degrees that could qualify you to work in that role.

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=%22sustainable+development+degree%22+and+climatologist

Also take a look at this google search. You'll see many people holding themselves out as climatologists have degrees in Sustainable Development.

But I guess some random internet troll has more experience than a person with a Master's Degree from a top level university. LOL come on...a derp a derp.

No it's not like that at all....

He works in weather and has a master's level degree on the effects of human development on the environment....I don't see how that's not related. You obviously have no idea how education works. Most science degrees are general science degrees. You take whatever courses you want and specialize in work afterwards. You can give yourself whatever title you want.

http://www.environmentalscience.org/career/climatologist

Here's a little help for you, since you don't seem to be able to grasp the concept. List of recommended degrees:

Climatologist is just a random title. You can get a variety of degrees that could qualify you to work in that role.

https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=%22sustainable+development+degree%22+and+climatologist

Also take a look at this google search. You'll see many people holding themselves out as climatologists have degrees in Sustainable Development.

But I guess some random internet troll has more experience than a person with a Master's Degree from a top level university. LOL come on...a derp a derp.

You're right, I'm just a troll with the same degree as him. What the hell do I know--I mean you google searched it so you must know!

You're right, I'm just a troll with the same degree as him. What the hell do I know--I mean you google searched it so you must know!

You have a Master's in Sustainable Development from a top level university? Which one?

Have you also been working in the field of weather patterns since 1992?

It's not whether he's an climate expert or not. It's whether he's a conspiracy theorist or not, and he clearly is. He said "It's a conspiracy!" on air. Goodbye, nutjob.

The definition of a conspiracy is 2 or more people acting in unison towards one goal. I'm guessing the decision to fire him involved more than one person. So yes, it would be a conspiracy. Most likely, this guy already had some beef with a few people in management and this was the final straw. So yes, it would be a conspiracy to get him fired based on personal dislike.

Guy, you're missing the point.

What is your point? Only people who support your view should be allowed to be experts on an issue?

Climatologist, is just a random title. People from all sorts of related degrees have expertise to hold themselves out as experts on the issue. If you look at the organizations listed in the "scientific consensus" it includes all sorts of related disciplines (including many meteorology societies).

The funny thing is I don't necessarily disagree with the climate change science. My problem is the automatic attempt to discredit a scientist who does. It's the modern equivalent of a witch hunt or book burning.

The definition of a conspiracy is 2 or more people acting in unison towards one goal. I'm guessing the decision to fire him involved more than one person. So yes, it would be a conspiracy. Most likely, this guy already had some beef with a few people in management and this was the final straw. So yes, it would be a conspiracy to get him fired based on personal dislike.

"I'm going to ignore context to spurt out more irrelevant garbage. It's a thing."

Obviously climate change comes in cycles according to our data and as someone mentioned earlier things like super volcanoes could wipe out mostly everything in a relatively short time...but that's not what this is about.

Look at the syrian crisis. That's only a few million people migrating and a direct result of the syrian river drying up via drought and forcing farmers into the inner city where there were no jobs.

The question then becomes how fast do you want to see these mass migrations happen all over the world? If we stay on the path we are currently on just another 1 degree change will cause MASS migrations in the states. We are talking about Florida, New Orleans and the whole bay era in california vanishing. 50 millions of americans will be looking for new homes and where do you think they will want to come? Canada.

So yes I agree climate change has happened throughout history and the PLANET will be fine...it regulates itself. But as far as PEOPLE come, unless your ready to accept mass migrations and welcome in foreigners with open arms you better be doing your best part to help spread the awareness of disaster like scenarios that we could potentially see in the next 30 years.

What is your point? Only people who support your view should be allowed to be experts on an issue?

Climatologist, is just a random title. People from all sorts of related degrees have expertise to hold themselves out as experts on the issue. If you look at the organizations listed in the "scientific consensus" it includes all sorts of related disciplines (including many meteorology societies).

The funny thing is I don't necessarily disagree with the climate change science. My problem is the automatic attempt to discredit a scientist who does. It's the modern equivalent of a witch hunt or book burning.

No, only experts on subjects should be experts on subjects. We're just a bunch of talking heads talking shart about stuff we really know little about.

This isn't about me, everyone makes everything so personal here lol.

It's not whether he's an climate expert or not. It's whether he's a conspiracy theorist or not, and he clearly is. He said "It's a conspiracy!" on air. Goodbye, nutjob.

He's neutered his own claim with that. Climate Change is undeniable. It's literally a proven fact. If you deny climate change then you deny there has ever been an ice age...which we are still technically in one until both polar caps melt. The real issue is whether mankind is accelerating the change. This is where I have to temper my absolute statements. I can't say we are accelerating the process because I am not a climatologist...or even a scientist for that matter. I do know it's a fact we (the global "we") know what is creating greenhouse gasses that are building up in the atmosphere, because we can test it and identify where it comes from. I can't prove CO2 is indeed accelerating the process, but I've seen a lot more scientific evidence leading me towards the belief that it can and is accelerating the process. When people start tossing around the word "conspiracy" I start to tune out. As with all "conspiracies", there is a leap of faith that there are enough people who are willing to be "in on it". Real conspiracies only work when people who dissent start to disappear. For example, the nutter who believes all mass shootings are faked. That would mean every actor would have to remain silent or be silenced in another manner. I can't get down with that. Have there been faked mass shootings? Perhaps, but to suggest 100% either way is basically just passing opinion as fact. There would be a Snowden in the group, there will always be a Snowden, it's human nature (thankfully).

The real stretch to me is that Neil Degrasse Tyson is lying to me. I struggle to believe that.

giphy.gif

...one last thing. People need to shut the hell up about saving the planet. The planet will dispatch us long before we destroy it. There will be another mass extinction event eventually (either natural or human caused) and with any luck we will evolve past this sense of self importance during the re-population. Humans are smart, but we are not that important. Sorry.

Archived