The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jon Stewart Starts Animal Sanctuary to Rescue Abused Factory Farm Animals

nucklehead

In an effort to be the change he wishes to see in the world, comedian John Stewart, after stepping down as host of “The Daily Show,” has started a sanctuary for abused factory farm animals called Bufflehead Farm.

Bufflehead Farm, located in Middletown, New Jersey, is a 12-acre non-profit animal rescue sanctuary owned by Jon and Tracey Stewart, which will soon become home to dozens of cows, pigs, sheep, turkeys and other animals rescued from factory farms.

Stewart has consistently been an animal welfare advocate on his show, once devoting a comedy segment to the foolishness of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie’s refusal to sign a bill that would end the lifelong confinement of pigs in crates too small for them to turn around.

Tracey Stewart is known for her advocacy on animal rights, recently publishing a book on the topic.

Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/jon-stewart-opens-animal-sanctuary-rescue-abused-factory-farm-animals/#oKPaigJbwzzLYVmm.99

Jon Stewart.jpg

Beautiful...that picture actually brought a tear.

One of the things I loved about Torts was his commitment to animal rescue...people who have empathy with animals are the only types of people I want to know. 

I am involved in a bit of rescue and have always said that, should I win the lottery, this would be my dream.  I would  set up a sanctuary for all the animals I'm now trying to care for out there in this hellhole of a city.

Well done, Jon.  He's always been a favourite of mine and this just reinforces it.

Archived