The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Justin Trudeau Has Ordered Canada’s Justice Minister to Start the Weed Legalization Process

Armada

Makes sense to make all these drugs legal.  Sell them in government (candy) stores, and tax the crap out of them.  The tax dollars can be used to pay for the medical costs needed to help those who use the drugs.  Just include drugs, with all the other "SIN" taxes. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Makes sense to make all these drugs legal.  Sell them in government (candy) stores, and tax the crap out of them.  The tax dollars can be used to pay for the medical costs needed to help those who use the drugs.  Just include drugs, with all the other "SIN" taxes. 

Ideally...but baby steps. I don't think most people are ready for that.

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Ideally...but baby steps. I don't think most people are ready for that.

Yes, I understand the little bit at a time idea.  It does make the most sense.  Currently, though, drug users eat up a lot of our medical costs, so it would be nice (as a society) to have them pay for their extra expenses.  IMHO, these "Life Style Bandits" (as I like to call them) should be paying a heavier cost for their choices.  There are people who legitimately require more health care, but those who choose these lifestyles that cost us all, should pay - through similar taxes (hidden or not) like on alcohol and sugar laden foods. 

Archived