The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Board of Gov.'s 2 day meeting starts today

Mackcanuck

On the Agenda  for Monday and Tuesday

- Expansion Update

- Among the topics expected to be discussed by the board on Monday and Tuesday:

- Executive/coach compensation: Will the controversial rule that's barely a year old be killed? Or modified?

- Concussion protocol update: Always topical, given the lawsuit from former players that remains in front of the courts.

- Salary-cap projection for next year: Always a hot item for some teams who are waiting to hear that news to plan ahead on contract extensions and other actions.

- Collins replacement: An update from the league to the owners on next steps after COO John Collins' resignation.

- All-Star Game format report: And within that, mention of the new "bye week" for next season between Jan. 1 on Feb. 28, which the players gained as part of the All-Star negotiations.

- Executive vice-president and director of hockey operations Colin Campbell will report on 3-on-3 overtime and the coach's challenge.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14307699/nhl-board-governors-meeting-feature-expansion-discussion

For the pro trade crowd like myself who get excited over possible trades or team improvements via addition or subtraction this is the week the majority of these talks plans or ideas start

With luck Benning is currently fielding offers for a minimum of 3 of our vets for picks and trying to figure out how to get another pick in the top 15 this years draft.

But of course that won't stop people from suggesting we trade everything for a single D man of the top 4 calibre who has never broken 35 points

1 minute ago, Edlerberry said:

horvat, mccann, virtanen and a 5th for luke schenn. 

Geez you'd be a lot of fun at parties.  :P

FTR; I'm only in to trades for young assets. Preferably for expiring vets.

And for Hippy's benefit (multiple response key was not avail?) my own view is move for a top D prospect as opposed to throwing the farm at the implied Hamonic trade. As a general statement we don't have the assets to pay a full value deal. Like him or not. I'm in to Hamonic only if we can leverage the fact he needs to be dealt.

Archived