The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Clendening on waivers

Mackcanuck

On 1/26/2016 at 9:41 AM, iinatcc said:

Claim him and take advantage of an NHL 14 glitch.

The glitch I was referring too was that I got 5 late round picks from a team by trading Yannik Weber, claiming him from waivers the trading him to the same team, then the process repeated itself 4 more times.

NHL 16 glitch too. I traded for Malkin (a few years down the line when he's 35), and since his cap put my team over the cap during the trade deadline, the CPU waived Tanev for me, not once, but twice, when I reacquired him again. I had to trade a bunch of prospects and picks just to get Tanev twice from Boston, of all teams 

On 1/26/2016 at 10:09 AM, J.R. said:

Still hilarious about how many people were upset about the 'loss' of Clendening when he was traded...:rolleyes:

At the time, nobody would've thought/hoped that Corrado would have been picked up by the Leafs so having Clendening as insurance would have been good.

On 1/26/2016 at 10:34 AM, theminister said:

I think it's important to recognize the team situations he just passed through this year. 

Pittsburgh has Ehrhoff, Maatta, Letang and Pouliot. Anaheim has Vatanen, Fowler, Lindholm and Theodore. All of those players overlap with Clendening's style so it's not surprising that he wasn't able to push himself in front of their organizational chart in a short time span. We don't have that same redundancy. We have Hutton, Weber and Subban  

What I'm saying is...Yes...it would make some sense for us to claim him back. Just because he wasn't useful to them doesn't mean he wouldn't have use to us. 

Ehrhoff is in LA, not Pittsburgh

13 hours ago, The Bookie said:

5th NHL team in 12 months not gonna look great on the ol resume.

Due to depth in the organizations he's been in. Unfortunately for him he became expendable to different teams due to the depth they have and Clendening certainly didn't do anything to force them to keep him. Then again, he's having a tour of the NHL home locker rooms, which is always nice.

On ‎2016‎-‎01‎-‎26 at 10:45 AM, Aladeen said:

You could also say he was wrong to trade for him in the first place too though. 

It was a longshot on a guy who looked like a future top-4 just a year before, but ended up falling off the map.

Sometimes you have to take gambles like that. Once in a while, they work (see: Baertschi).

10 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Due to depth in the organizations he's been in. Unfortunately for him he became expendable to different teams due to the depth they have and Clendening certainly didn't do anything to force them to keep him. Then again, he's having a tour of the NHL home locker rooms, which is always nice.

Pittsburgh didn't have depth on D. Letang has been on IR a lot this year, and Pouliot didn't make the team. They were screaming for someone who could move the puck, but at the same time, barely dressed Adam. That should tell you all you need to know.

They ended up trading for Daley, and getting rid of Clendening.

However, maybe the Canucks DID put a claim in on him. But Oilers are lower in the standings.

Archived