The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canadian Marijuana Legalization Bill Coming In Spring 2017

hsedin33

29 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I have a new neighbour who smokes pot every day and it stinks up the block. It whafts through our open windows all summer long now. The street has lots of young kids and the neighbour has a one-year-old. I didn’t mind the legalization movement until this clown moved next door.

I feel for you.  Living next to a smoker is like living with one.  At least we don’t have wood burning stoves.  Winters in some Canadian towns are almost toxic soups of dirty air with all the wood burning.  Legalize dope and the nastier drugs too.  Sell them all in government stores.  I see those who use this crap dying early.  More retirement funds for the rest of us.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I feel for you.  Living next to a smoker is like living with one.  At least we don’t have wood burning stoves.  Winters in some Canadian towns are almost toxic soups of dirty air with all the wood burning.  Legalize dope and the nastier drugs too.  Sell them all in government stores.  I see those who use this crap dying early.  More retirement funds for the rest of us.

we have one in our building too, and its supposed to be a non-smoking building. I don't understand how anyone can like the smell of it, it seems like a mix of skunk and cat pee. 

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I really don’t like the smell of burning pot.  It’s not so nasty as cigarette smoke, but still stinks.  As for beer on the streets, I drive my scooter along Granville (especially on these hotter days) with a beer or a vodka cooler in my cup holder.  (I’ve only been tazered once!:)

Thank you.

Cigs smoke smells disgusting and is quite harmful. On top of that, a lot of people that smoke cigarettes also feel they have a free pass to litter. Friggin butts all over the streets of Vancouver and you're not supposed to smoke within 6 metres of a doorway or air intake, but that is also not enforced. I'm not saying weed smoke isn't kinda gross too but I'm surprised by the level of hypocrisy. Wish the government had tackled edibles at the same time. I think there is going to many animated condo strata AGM's in the near future.

The weed legalisation will go through quite a few growing pains. I hope one day all drugs can be legal. Take away the gangs income, tax heavily...put them dollars into health care  and education. 

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thank you.

Cigs smoke smells disgusting and is quite harmful. On top of that, a lot of people that smoke cigarettes also feel they have a free pass to litter. Friggin butts all over the streets of Vancouver and you're not supposed to smoke within 6 metres of a doorway or air intake, but that is also not enforced. I'm not saying weed smoke isn't kinda gross too but I'm surprised by the level of hypocrisy. Wish the government had tackled edibles at the same time. I think there is going to many animated condo strata AGM's in the near future.

The weed legalisation will go through quite a few growing pains. I hope one day all drugs can be legal. Take away the gangs income, tax heavily...put them dollars into health care  and education. 

Exactly.  Let people make their own choices.  I really don’t see the same numbers of kids smoking as when I was young.  Why are these kids choosing not to smoke?  Likely it’s so well known to be horrible for your health.  Educate the kids, and (when they are 18) let them go to a government store and buy what ever the hell they want.  Seriously, how many of the so called nastier drugs are worse than cigarettes?  Don’t they all kind of kill you, but just over different time frames?  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Exactly.  Let people make their own choices.  I really don’t see the same numbers of kids smoking as when I was young.  Why are these kids choosing not to smoke?  Likely it’s so well known to be horrible for your health.  Educate the kids, and (when they are 18) let them go to a government store and buy what ever the hell they want.  Seriously, how many of the so called nastier drugs are worse than cigarettes?  Don’t they all kind of kill you, but just over different time frames?  

I've heard that the human brain keeps developing into the early 20's. I would put the minimum age at maybe 22.

Archived