The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: Pit

So watching the Pens-Lighning... I can't help but notice Pit isn't playing Pouliot or Bennet. Got me thinking... Neither of them have played very much these playoffs if at all. Justin Schultz is playing ahead of Pouliot.... Really? I don't know what it would take to get 1 or both. But I think Van should look in to both. Pouliot being a good D prospect who could see lots of ice here next year. 

Looking for for thought and what would you trade for the duo? Hansen? Picks? A prospect of our own?

Pouliot will cost an arm and a leg, and I'm pretty sure Pitt is looking to add to their defense not take from it.

They would likely want Tanev + 33rd which does not really help Van to much

51 minutes ago, Tyl3z said:

So watching the Pens-Lighning... I can't help but notice Pit isn't playing Pouliot or Bennet. Got me thinking... Neither of them have played very much these playoffs if at all. Justin Schultz is playing ahead of Pouliot.... Really? I don't know what it would take to get 1 or both. But I think Van should look in to both. Pouliot being a good D prospect who could see lots of ice here next year. 

Looking for for thought and what would you trade for the duo? Hansen? Picks? A prospect of our own?

Yup, Hansen and a third or something like that would get us Pouliot for sure.  It's a really good proposal.  Getting a young D with upside for Hansen makes really good sense.  Philly is another team that would trade a young D for Hansen too.   

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup, Hansen and a third or something like that would get us Pouliot for sure.  It's a really good proposal.  Getting a young D with upside for Hansen makes really good sense.  Philly is another team that would trade a young D for Hansen too.   

I don't see why we don't just draft Juolevi or Sergachev, upside wise I'd expect those two to be at least comparable with Derrick, if not better.  Unless they're willing to trade him to us for what we gave for Sven, I'd pass, because if they think he has Drouin upside they'll want to keep him or only sell him for high price.

4 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

I don't see why we don't just draft Juolevi or Sergachev, upside wise I'd expect those two to be at least comparable with Derrick, if not better.  Unless they're willing to trade him to us for what we gave for Sven, I'd pass, because if they think he has Drouin upside they'll want to keep him or only sell him for high price.

Because we are much better off filling our top end offensive prospect pool with the 5th overall pick. 

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 8:27 PM, Phil_314 said:

I agree. I like them both. Even Chychrun would be a good pick. Down the line to I'd also be looking into Sean Day. He slipped but is still a pretty big boy. Was granted exceptional status. I'd take a flyer on him. Wouldn't hurt. Low risk high reward. 

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 8:35 PM, shayster007 said:

Because we are much better off filling our top end offensive prospect pool with the 5th overall pick. 

I don't get why they would take a Dubois or Tkachuk. Don't get me wrong. It would be a great add.... but our forward prospect pool is in pretty good shape... the D... not so much. Practically non existent 

On May 19, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Alflives said:

I hope they go for it while Hansens value is high, love the guy, but that trade would go with the direction of the team...

Archived