The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2016 Season Seat Relocation

yippykyeh

17 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Those are some nice seats. Are they alcohol allowed or non alcohol?

The scalper probably didn't get his tickets revoked, more likely he just gave them up. Last year was an awful year for reselling tickets. Most resellers/brokers/scalpers are bailing on the tickets. So lots of good seats opening up. In particular, there's tons of seats in the centre lower bowl. I remember a time when it took 5 years just to get any seats in the lower bowl and you'd start at row 25. Now you can get any seat you want basically except dead centre club seats.

I would love to get 2 seats in one of the sections where there's only 2 seats (you know, the rows 1-4 where there's just 2 seats), or else get a set of 4 somewhere in the lower bowl on the corners where there's only 4 in a row. Would be nice to have an entire row to yourself.

Yeah, they are Alcohol seats. There were some over in 318 in the same spot but non- alcohol. Since we split our seats with our friends business who uses them for clients we decided to not get those. It's possible the guy just gave the seats up. I know he was using them to pay for his 2 lowers but I think he was probably losing money on them. The rep did tell me some scalpers have been red flagged but your right I think a lot of them are bailing too. We've been really fortunate to split more than half our seats and be a decent price point to enjoy some games and still have some extras for friends and family. I know the row's of just 2 seats....they are right below where our new seats are. I think those are almost impossible to get. The crazy thing is row 1 of the upper bowl is $120 per ticket and I only a few rows back and pay only $55 per ticket and still have no one in front of me and a railing ....just a bar which isn't a big deal. 

It's too bad the first row of the upper bowl is so expensive.  I would be willing to pay a premium but considering they are the same price as lower bowl seating I just can't justify it.  I will be interested to see what the energy of the upper bowl is like compared to the lower bowl the last 2 years.  I'm hoping for more fans and cheering up there in 307.

10 hours ago, trailers said:

I had seat row 3 sec 120 last year seats 103,104   they were the first ones when you could see the whole ice without distortion from the glass.  It may take a little getting used to to see the offensive corner on that side.   The hits you see in the corner and the speed of the game from down there will make up for it.    I did ok selling mine on the ticket exchange,  the big games are fairly easy to sell because lots of time it is for opposing fans that want to see their team shoot twice.   They only get 1-3 games a year to see their team play so dont mind paying a bit more for good seats.   I move to row 4 122 ( first row beind where the broadcasters interview at ice level and the Zamboni comes out.   I like the way you can see the play develop better directly behind the net than in the corner when the seats are that low. 

I've read a lot of comments from people who said they've had so much trouble selling their tickets in recent seasons, having to resort to Craigslist for a much lower sale or just eating the cost.  Personally I've never had issues but my current pairs are both row 9 UB4 on the aisle so maybe that has something to do with it, or maybe people just ask for too much.  Row 4 aisle should be appealing enough for me to at least get cost for the games I miss.  I saw the seats you're talking about, I was considering the 2 that were available first row right on the corner of the zamboni railing near the glass but the price jump was too much for me.  Maybe next year after I see how my new seats do.

3 hours ago, thepress83 said:

It's too bad the first row of the upper bowl is so expensive.  I would be willing to pay a premium but considering they are the same price as lower bowl seating I just can't justify it.  I will be interested to see what the energy of the upper bowl is like compared to the lower bowl the last 2 years.  I'm hoping for more fans and cheering up there in 307.

I know!  I didn't realize they were that price 'til now.  There were so many 1st rows available.

36 minutes ago, -NIGHTCRAWLER- said:

I've read a lot of comments from people who said they've had so much trouble selling their tickets in recent seasons, having to resort to Craigslist for a much lower sale or just eating the cost.  Personally I've never had issues but my current pairs are both row 9 UB4 on the aisle so maybe that has something to do with it, or maybe people just ask for too much.  Row 4 aisle should be appealing enough for me to at least get cost for the games I miss.  I saw the seats you're talking about, I was considering the 2 that were available first row right on the corner of the zamboni railing near the glass but the price jump was too much for me.  Maybe next year after I see how my new seats do.

anywhere except UB4 are hard to sell..  i know a few scalpers cancelled their tickets this year.. last few years, most games they were selling half the STH prices.. lower and upper bowl seats..

I'm hoping I can sell about 1/3 of my tickets for this season and plan to go to the rest of the games.  Hopefully my UBll seats aren't too bad to sell but they can't be harder than my lower bowl last year.  There was no demand and selling $225 in tickets for $80 whenever I couldn't attend the game really sucked.  I feel pretty lucky to have the seats I have now though considering I've only been a full member for 3 years.

1 hour ago, thepress83 said:

I'm hoping I can sell about 1/3 of my tickets for this season and plan to go to the rest of the games.  Hopefully my UBll seats aren't too bad to sell but they can't be harder than my lower bowl last year.  There was no demand and selling $225 in tickets for $80 whenever I couldn't attend the game really sucked.  I feel pretty lucky to have the seats I have now though considering I've only been a full member for 3 years.

@thepress83where were your LB seats? Did you use ticket exchange or Craigslist, both?

My LB seats last year were section 103 row 12 literally 2 seats from the rail between the club section and LB Def section.  I have never been able to sell a single seat on ticket exchange and sold mostly on stubhub with 25% or so on craigslist.  

To be fair, the best decision I made last year was to pre-sell the premium games very very early.  I had demand from people for Boston, Montreal, Toronto etc. and I got big money for those games in August. Once November/December hit I was selling my pair for $80-$110 per game whenever I couldn't make it.

2 hours ago, thepress83 said:

My LB seats last year were section 103 row 12 literally 2 seats from the rail between the club section and LB Def section.  I have never been able to sell a single seat on ticket exchange and sold mostly on stubhub with 25% or so on craigslist.  

To be fair, the best decision I made last year was to pre-sell the premium games very very early.  I had demand from people for Boston, Montreal, Toronto etc. and I got big money for those games in August. Once November/December hit I was selling my pair for $80-$110 per game whenever I couldn't make it.

Thanks for replying. Is there a minimum price for selling tickets on StubHub? I've noticed people having issues selling on ticket exchange for that reason, can't set a price below their tickets face value.

31 minutes ago, -NIGHTCRAWLER- said:

Thanks for replying. Is there a minimum price for selling tickets on StubHub? I've noticed people having issues selling on ticket exchange for that reason, can't set a price below their tickets face value.

There's like an $8 minimum on stubhub, not enough to ever affect the price.

I hope they do at least for lower bowl seating.  If my tickets ever sold I would prefer to use ticket exchange but stubhub has honestly been great and I use the US cash they send me for my trips saving me the cost of currency conversion which also helps.  I've found craigslist to be a good way to sell the tickets as well and last year found a few people who bought 4-7 games each which really saved me time vs trying to sell each game by itself.  I'll list the games I'm not interested in on craigslist shortly to try go gauge the interest, I hate the leafs and wouldn't pay $1 to see them play so thankfully other people enjoy those games.

7 minutes ago, -NIGHTCRAWLER- said:

That's good, maybe I'll give it a try this year.  I wonder if ticket exchange will change that rule eventually.

They thought they did with that dynamic pricing they brought in last year.  But it didn't really do anything.

They would do so much better if they did.  The amount of commission they would get from people selling the low interest game, would more than make up for the odd full priced single game ticket sale they miss out on.  

For tickets I sell, ticketexchange is my first choice IF I can sell the tickets there.  Otherwise stubhub for tickets I can't

This also means any ticket I sell on stubhub is at a loss.  So they can't say I am scalping.

This is my first season as a season ticket holder. Over the phone, about a month ago I was given UB3 defensive zone (Despite the fact that I was told at first that there were none left). Then they realized that I wouldn't buy anything more expensive so some UB3 seats became suddenly available LOLL. As for the relocation, I was part of session 15. I was amazed to see how many seats were available and pretty much everywhere. I moved to UB4 offensive zone right in the middle behind the net row 14. I am extremely happy. :)  I moved to Vancouver in 2010. I love the Canucks but coming from Montreal I am a Habs fan first. Never I would have been able to be a season ticket holder at the Bell Centre so I am grateful. 

6 hours ago, BCNeil said:

They thought they did with that dynamic pricing they brought in last year.  But it didn't really do anything.

They would do so much better if they did.  The amount of commission they would get from people selling the low interest game, would more than make up for the odd full priced single game ticket sale they miss out on.  

For tickets I sell, ticketexchange is my first choice IF I can sell the tickets there.  Otherwise stubhub for tickets I can't

This also means any ticket I sell on stubhub is at a loss.  So they can't say I am scalping.

Hehe Montreal is next... if they have a bad season this coming year from the get go, with PK Subban gone and horrible management, they will quickly lose STH's.

Montreal will never be like Toronto (which will always have STH's no matter how many seasons they lose). People in MTL are not as loyal, they are like Canucks fans. Either you win, or there will be no more waiting list for habs!

22 minutes ago, Curt said:

This is my first season as a season ticket holder. Over the phone, about a month ago I was given UB3 defensive zone (Despite the fact that I was told at first that there were none left). Then they realized that I wouldn't buy anything more expensive so some UB3 seats became suddenly available LOLL. As for the relocation, I was part of session 15. I was amazed to see how many seats were available and pretty much everywhere. I moved to UB4 offensive zone right in the middle behind the net row 14. I am extremely happy. :)  I moved to Vancouver in 2010. I love the Canucks but coming from Montreal I am a Habs fan first. Never I would have been able to be a season ticket holder at the Bell Centre so I am grateful. 

Welcome to the gang Curt.  Those are great seats for a first year.

Yeah Montreal doesn't even offer season tickets anymore.....they have lists for half seasons only, and only for a few sections.

I spoke to one of their reps and she told me DECADES.  Vancouver has proven to be a little more fickle 

Welcome, once the Canucks start winning again the waiting list will quickly grow like it did previously but I agree those are awesome seats to be able to get for your first year of membership.  All of this discussion makes me question if UB2 was a stretch and I should have gone UB3/4 to be safer $ wise.  I do love my seats though

3 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

Welcome to the gang Curt.  Those are great seats for a first year.

Yeah Montreal doesn't even offer season tickets anymore.....they have lists for half seasons only, and only for a few sections.

I spoke to one of their reps and she told me DECADES.  Vancouver has proven to be a little more fickle 

All lies and façade, I guarantee it. Montreal's waiting list is very much penetrable and will crumble if they have a few bad seasons. It might not be as bad as Vancouver (ads all over the place on the radio), but I would bet you could get full seasons right off the street no waiting list eventually if they string together some awful years.

9 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Hehe Montreal is next... if they have a bad season this coming year from the get go, with PK Subban gone and horrible management, they will quickly lose STH's.

Montreal will never be like Toronto (which will always have STH's no matter how many seasons they lose). People in MTL are not as loyal, they are like Canucks fans. Either you win, or there will be no more waiting list for habs!

I hope so I have been on their waiting list for halfs for 4 years now, it hasn't even moved.

Archived