The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pokemon Go - Android / iOS

I caught a Snorlax this morning on my way to work :) I was early for work so I decided to go grab McDonalds and I saw it on my radar. I guess he was hungry too hehe

Took only one ultra ball and one berry to catch.. Such a bad CP at 1182 but whatever.. It's still a Snorlax :)  44.4% IV :(

Edited by Apple Juice

On 20/09/2016 at 1:37 PM, GLASSJAW said:

it's weird how many people complain about how many Pinsir's they hatch, too. i still haven't hatched or seen one ever

I hatched an 895 Pinsir

On 20/09/2016 at 2:49 AM, Twilight Sparkle said:

that's what i'm doing too. heading down the final stretch, i have a pretty good karp here, with 173cp that i hatched, but do i somehow find one closer to 200, or is 173 my ceiling. if thats the case, i'm sti8cking with the 173 cause at least i know the hatched one is gonna be a good one regardless

I believe you can get a higher Magikarp around 200CP. Someone in the Pokemon Go Facebook group posted a picture of their 210 CP Magikarp IIRC.

On 2016-09-19 at 11:18 PM, Twilight Sparkle said:

i need 100 more magikarp candies to go T__T

this buddy system. finally evolved my exeggcute. my exeggutor is beautiful. i need 1 more candy for my arcanine

i live in an eevee and pikachu nest :3

i hatched a porygon from a 5k egg. cool. hopefully when gen. 2 comes out, his psybeam special changes for porygon 2 >__>

lucky bugger. I won't ask where you live.  and exeggutor and near arcanine too??!! sigh.

caught my first pikachu and making it say 'pikachu' is keeping me entertained.

On 2016-09-20 at 9:39 PM, GLASSJAW said:

oh my god my gyrados is horrible. 1630 CP with quite possibly the worst moveset imaginable. all those hours spent farming magikarp candies FOR THIS!

i could cry

:( all that work..

11 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

I caught a Snorlax this morning on my way to work :) I was early for work so I decided to go grab McDonalds and I saw it on my radar. I guess he was hungry too hehe

Took only one ultra ball and one berry to catch.. Such a bad CP at 1182 but whatever.. It's still a Snorlax :)  44.4% IV :(

jeez. i thought i saw a Snorlax on my radar ONCE, but it disappeared pretty quick and haven't seen it since. 44% IV isn't great or anything, but still fills out the pokedex nicely. 

i finally found a Magmar last night. weak CP, only about 840, but man he is a strong pokemon. 6 damage base attack, 100 damage special (forgot what it's called). doesn't sound like much, but when his insane attack speed is factored in, i can see why this thing would be a great find at a higher level

5 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

i finally found a Magmar last night. weak CP, only about 840, but man he is a strong pokemon. 6 damage base attack, 100 damage special (forgot what it's called). doesn't sound like much, but when his insane attack speed is factored in, i can see why this thing would be a great find at a higher level

fire blast thats most likely

i caught a magmar a couple months ago, his cp was only like 200 LOL. i would love to hatch one and power it up. from what i've been told magmar is a pretty good tower breaker, and if you're lazy, he can severely damage a vaporeon, if you were too lazy to switch out

33 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Finally got my first 2000CP Pokemon.  Arcanines are way too overpowered (because I don't recall them being that strong in the games).  One at 2010 and one at 1950 are my 2 highest rated.

I've constantly held 3 gyms around my house for the last week too.  Raking in those coins.

Did you catch it or power up/evolve?

7 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

jeez. i thought i saw a Snorlax on my radar ONCE, but it disappeared pretty quick and haven't seen it since. 44% IV isn't great or anything, but still fills out the pokedex nicely. 

Yea. I know :( I think this was my second time seeing Snorlax on my radar. Nonetheless, it fills up the Pokedex like you said..

3 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Finally got my first 2000CP Pokemon.  Arcanines are way too overpowered (because I don't recall them being that strong in the games).  One at 2010 and one at 1950 are my 2 highest rated.

I've constantly held 3 gyms around my house for the last week too.  Raking in those coins.

yea arcanines are pretty OP and its weird cause they're almost useless in the actual games xD out in new west there's no more parody. there are 3 gyms in my area, all level 10, and one of those gyms has NINE dragonites, all 2500+. it's insane with what some of these people have and my strongest guy is a 2019 vaporeon lol

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

12 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

yea arcanines are pretty OP and its weird cause they're almost useless in the actual games xD out in new west there's no more parody. there are 3 gyms in my area, all level 10, and one of those gyms has NINE dragonites, all 2500+. it's insane with what some of these people have and my strongest guy is a 2019 vaporeon lol

There's some guy around my area (luckily he's Blue team) who is level 35 now.

He's top in basically all the gyms around, usually with something close to 3000CP.

I don't know how people find the time.  I've nerded out pretty hard on this game and I'm only level 24.

1 minute ago, Jägermeister said:

There's some guy around my area (luckily he's Blue team) who is level 35 now.

He's top in basically all the gyms around, usually with something close to 3000CP.

I don't know how people find the time.  I've nerded out pretty hard on this game and I'm only level 24.

I just got level 22 and I thought levelling up from 21 to 22 was hard... Jesus I need 100k exp??