The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Black Lives Matter a 'hate group' or 'terrorist organization'?

Realtor Rod

3 hours ago, Jimayo said:

Black people who kill other black people generally go to join.  The system works as it's supposed to.  There's nothing to protest.  When a cop murders a black guy, they get off, likely not even getting indicted.  That's what's being protested.  Criminals with badges killing with impunity.

So how many blacks are killed for no reason with cops not being indicted for illegally killing them? The last 2 that we know of, have the investigations been completed? Which cases are the ones where the cops got away with murder?

2 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

So how many blacks are killed for no reason with cops not being indicted for illegally killing them? The last 2 that we know of, have the investigations been completed? Which cases are the ones where the cops got away with murder?

You're gonna pretend a 12 year old was justifiably shot for carrying a toy gun around undoubtedly.  Let's not pretend you're an actual decent human being who cares at all about police murdering black people.

4 hours ago, Jimayo said:

You're gonna pretend a 12 year old was justifiably shot for carrying a toy gun around undoubtedly.  Let's not pretend you're an actual decent human being who cares at all about police murdering black people.

Game. Set. Match.

3 hours ago, Jimayo said:

There is one example of potentially a crooked cop. Walk up to a cop with a toy gun and see how it goes. Again, you found one incident from the 750,000 officers in the US. Here is the percentage of bad cops you may have pointed out so far 0.000001%. I didn't say it was justifiable, don't put words in my mouth. Officers received a call of someone sitting on a swing in the park pointing a gun at people. The officers weren't relayed that the gun may have been a toy or that he may have been a juvenile and when they arrived he reached into his waist band. Had they been provided the info they may have reacted different but since they weren't  (and it was proven they werent) how can you blame them? 

Do you have more?

4 hours ago, Jimayo said:

Was the toy gun painted black and have the orange tip removed? Also how big was this 12 year old? Did he have gang banger clothes on? Did he refuse to drop the weapon? 

1 hour ago, LuckyLuciano said:

Was the toy gun painted black and have the orange tip removed? Also how big was this 12 year old? Did he have gang banger clothes on? Did he refuse to drop the weapon? 

It was a co2 BB pistol, which are designed to look very, very real. I have one and it looks extremely real. Regardless, cops weren't told he was 12 or that it was possibly a toy. They rolled up, he apparently reached for his waist band and they fired. It wasn't like they drove through the neighbourhood and thought "let's go kill and innocent person".

20 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

Well, after Hillary wasn't indicted, no one should be surprised anymore.

You're comparing Hillary to what happened to Tamir Rice, that child was killed in under 2 seconds of the cops arriving on the scene- a park with only him in it?

7 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

when you say no reason, what do you mean? I would like to know your narrow definition so I can provide you with a reply palatable to your beliefs. According to the Guardian's the Counted there have been 20 people killed by cops since Philando Castile was killed (though the most recent date is the 13th) and 3 other people were killed the same day as Alton Sterling.  Police killing people in the US is a serious problem and one that BLM movement is attemping to change since no one else wants to.

4 minutes ago, otherwise said:

You're comparing Hillary to what happened to Tamir Rice, that child was killed in under 2 seconds of the cops arriving on the scene- a park with only him in it?

when you say no reason, what do you mean? I would like to know your narrow definition so I can provide you with a reply palatable to your beliefs. According to the Guardian's the Counted there have been 20 people killed by cops since Philando Castile was killed (though the most recent date is the 13th) and 3 other people were killed the same day as Alton Sterling.  Police killing people in the US is a serious problem and one that BLM movement is attemping to change since no one else wants to.

And almost as many cops now. How many of those people killed were unjustified? Read my above on Tamir Rice. I don't have a narrow definition. After the killing and investigation is there proof a bunch of cops are driving around killing black people for no reason? 

17 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

And almost as many cops now. How many of those people killed were unjustified? Read my above on Tamir Rice. I don't have a narrow definition. After the killing and investigation is there proof a bunch of cops are driving around killing black people for no reason? 

To be clear, are you saying that the killing of Tamir Rice is justified in your opinion?

2 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

It was a co2 BB pistol, which are designed to look very, very real. I have one and it looks extremely real. Regardless, cops weren't told he was 12 or that it was possibly a toy. They rolled up, he apparently reached for his waist band and they fired. It wasn't like they drove through the neighbourhood and thought "let's go kill and innocent person".

The cop who fired the shot was Timothy Loehmann:

In the aftermath of the shooting, it was reported that Loehmann, in his previous job as a police officer in the Cleveland suburb of Independence, had been deemed an emotionally unstable recruit and unfit for duty.

I've seen the video. They didn't hesitate at all before killing Rice.

11 minutes ago, otherwise said:

To be clear, are you saying that the killing of Tamir Rice is justified in your opinion?

In my opinion, had the officers been told it was possibly a toy gun and he was 12 it could have been avoided. If it's true that when they pulled up he reached into his waist band, then I can see why he was shot.

7 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

In my opinion, had the officers been told it was possibly a toy gun and he was 12 it could have been avoided. If it's true that when they pulled up he reached into his waist band, then I can see why he was shot.

You didn't answer my question. Given what actually happened, are you saying that in your opinion the killing of Tamir Rice was justified?

33 minutes ago, otherwise said:

You didn't answer my question. Given what actually happened, are you saying that in your opinion the killing of Tamir Rice was justified?

I don't know what actually happened. From what I have read, I can understand why he was shot.

58 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The cop who fired the shot was Timothy Loehmann:

I've seen the video. They didn't hesitate at all before killing Rice.

Then he shouldn't have been employed or should have gone through the necessary rehabilitation, if possible. 

2 minutes ago, Realtor Rod said:

I don't know what actually happened. From what I have read, I can understand why he was shot.

so you didn't see the video? you didn't read the article that I posted earlier in this thread?

22 minutes ago, otherwise said:

so you didn't see the video? you didn't read the article that I posted earlier in this thread?

They dance around the issue because they know admitting the truth makes them look like horrible excuses for human beings.  Because racists that support the cops killing black people are horrible excuses for human beings.

29 minutes ago, otherwise said:

I saw the video and I read lots of papers. I also read what I posted above which was they were told there was someone in the park pointing a gun at people. What they weren't told is it may be a toy and he may be a juvenile. Without that info the tension level is ratcheted. If when they arrived he went for his waist band, then yes, it would have been justifiable by the information they were provided. 

10 minutes ago, Jimayo said:

They dance around the issue because they know admitting the truth makes them look like horrible excuses for human beings.  Because racists that support the cops killing black people are horrible excuses for human beings.

No one is dancing around the issue. Even if that cop shot that kid in cold blood, that makes 0.000001% of the cops crooked. Painting 750,000 terrible because a few bad seeds is not the liberal way. 

Archived