The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jason Botchford: Horvat takes big strides to make Canucks forget about Schneider

HOFsedins

I hated the trade at the time since Schneider was a legitimate starting goalie and our pick was a maybe. Schneider could even be argued to be top 10 in the league currently, if you consider his stats the last couple seasons + the team in front of him. But Horvat is working out, and I have no doubt he'll be our undisputed #1 C in a season or two. I see him getting 30 goals / 60-70pts a season (which curiously, most analysts were highly skeptical of almost all the way in his early career).

3 hours ago, Baggins said:

Ever heard of Ray Martynuik? He was dubbed "the can't miss kid". Drafted 5th overall in 1970, it was the second highest selection of a goalie at the time. He never played an NHL game. He's on THN's list of top 5 NHL draft busts of all time. There's no such thing as a "can't miss" pick. Ask Alexander "The Next Great One" Daigle.

Or Morris"who sunk my ship" Titanic.  12th overall but if I remember had a lot of hype.  

5 hours ago, Moonshinefe said:

I hated the trade at the time since Schneider was a legitimate starting goalie and our pick was a maybe. Schneider could even be argued to be top 10 in the league currently, if you consider his stats the last couple seasons + the team in front of him. But Horvat is working out, and I have no doubt he'll be our undisputed #1 C in a season or two. I see him getting 30 goals / 60-70pts a season (which curiously, most analysts were highly skeptical of almost all the way in his early career).

Horvat is better then the Sedins were at the same age. 

Archived