The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Corrado rule

Matt_T83

11 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Well it's safe to say that if he played a great game that Babcock would keep him in the lineup. I didn't watch the game myself but heard it was not a good game at all by him.

What in hell do I have to write for people to understand sarcasm?  "I have a crush on him, so obviously he can play".  Seriously?  Dude, maybe read instead of skimming.

Reading some comments from fans, he was played on the left side and he is a RHD that has practiced almost exclusively on the right. He was also not paired with his usual partner (from practice). That seems like the reality for fringe players though. Don't play for long periods of time, then get paired together with someone unfamiliar playing a side that you aren't used to playing. Then get promptly scratched the next game when you fail to deliver despite the odds being tremendously stacked against you.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

he is not ready

he was played in one game and could not keep up

hardly the same thing

he was also waived 2x in the same month by 2 teams

not corrodo situation at all

Its the mid way point of the season if he's not in shape he is never going to be. Should have grabbed Rattie. I believe we were higher in the order than Carolina. Grumble grumble.  

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

Its the mid way point of the season if he's not in shape he is never going to be. Should have grabbed Rattie. I believe we were higher in the order than Carolina. Grumble grumble.  

well you could be right about that

boucher clearly was a bit of a reach and a gamble

he appears to be a bit of a sniper (possibly) but a very one dimensional player mostly

and 2 teams were unhappy with him before the canucks got him

so his game has some significant issues

30 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

well you could be right about that

boucher clearly was a bit of a reach and a gamble

he appears to be a bit of a sniper (possibly) but a very one dimensional player mostly

and 2 teams were unhappy with him before the canucks got him

so his game has some significant issues

I not one to often gripe in hindsight. It just seemed super obvious at the time that of the 2 Rattie was the guy to grab who could come in and be a immediate role player for us. Instead we grabbed porky to sit in our press box. I can't wrap my head around that one and I'm usually one of the first guys to step in and defend many of JBs moves. Your right it's maybe not the same situation as Corrado but its still not right. I personally feel if your not gonna play the fella then you should let him pass through on waivers as a general rule for the league. If you claim a player and play him less than 3 times in the first 15 games he should automatically be sent back on waivers and if he clears he should land on the affiliate of the team that waived him in the first place. As deterrent for teams to stop picking up press box warmers off waivers. 

Archived