The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chaput? Do we really need him?

Putgolzin

On 2017-03-11 at 8:13 PM, nzan said:

I'm just joking around, delete, flame, minus etc...

But wouldn't it be great if we could find another unlikely candidate to come from out of nowhere and become really instrumental to the long term good of this team?!

I'm liking the look of his game alongside the Sedins.

Go Chaput!

You did it wrong. You are supposed to slag Chaput in the first post and predict that he will be useless for the team. Then we all watch as he proves you wrong in the next decade and your handle 'nzan' goes down in disgraceful infamy.

He did remind me a little of Alex last game. Not afraid to go to the net, feisty along the boards, and good on the PK.  He has some big skates to fill though.

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

You did it wrong. You are supposed to slag Chaput in the first post and predict that he will be useless for the team. Then we all watch as he proves you wrong in the next decade and your handle 'nzan' goes down in disgraceful infamy.

He did remind me a little of Alex last game. Not afraid to go to the net, feisty along the boards, and good on the PK.  He has some big skates to fill though.

excellent points

I like what Token French brings to the table. A little bit of nasty that the team lacks these days. 

Bring him back, make that 4th C spot his to lose. Especially since Gaunce looks a lot better as 3LW alongside Sutter.

Would like to see a Gaunce-Sutter-Boucher line tried out down this meaningless home stretch of games, potential 3rd next season.

On 2017-03-13 at 11:12 AM, kilgore said:

Also, we have to give the man over 1000 negatives if he wants this to be like the Burrows? Do we really need him? thread.

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:13 PM, nzan said:

I'm just joking around, delete, flame, minus etc...

But wouldn't it be great if we could find another unlikely candidate to come from out of nowhere and become really instrumental to the long term good of this team?!

I'm liking the look of his game alongside the Sedins.

Go Chaput!

I love Shampoo.  He is incredibly underrated.  His offensive upside will start coming out when he feels more secure in his job as an NHL hockey player.  I think he can be a 10-10-20 player playing 4th line minutes for a long time when he hits his stride.  That's a very useful player considering he is solid faceoff guy, solid defensively and contributes physically.  He will never have the career of Burrows, but he doesn't have to.  People love complaining about 4th line players; but if he is getting 4th line minutes then I could care less.  In todays NHL no team has an amazing 4th line, but he and Skille dominated a lot of 4th lines this year.  A lot of offensive zone pressure.  Now they are both still 4th liners and that's all they are going to be, but they are definitely quality players.

Archived