The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Edmonton Lottos

New Nicknames for EDM and TOR  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do you guys think of a new nick name for the lucky lottery winners and their in-your-face fans even out in Vancouver! Like seriously, the team's been crap for decades, and you luck out on a bunch of top draft picks, the most important one being an unlikely 2 pot jump to land the generational player that in turn got you a capable GM and coach which you wouldn't have gotten otherwise. There is very little to gloat about, even if you end up winning a few cups in the next decade which if you don't it'll be a complete disaster! 

The new nickname for them should be the Edmonton Lottos, a team built around a bunch of lottery winning picks.

Any other fun names? I'll add them to the poll question (since I don't see the option to let anyone add choices)

And on a separately note, we can call the leafs the Toronto Tankers too, since despite the whole promise the new system discouraging tanking, they officially tanked for Matthews and got him. It doesn't bother me as much as Edmonton cuz I like full on rebuilding as a legit strategy and they started that plan a few years before Matthews. Still very lucky to win with only 20% chance, but at least a lot what we see is already set in motion before that fortunate lottery win. 

So ya, Edmonton Lottos and Toronto Tankers... if you like them and can't think of any better ones, let's make these names popular!

Cool down, no need calling them names. Be better than the Flames, Leafs, Oilers fans, don't sink to their level. This is a fine organization, we've never picked first overall, yet we've been to the finals 3 times and had pretty good teams. Just no luck yet, but look at the Cubs... Sooner or later, the Cup will be ours.

Anyway, for the past decade we've been clearly the better team, so I wouldn't worry about us. Sometime we had to start a rebuild, but that doesn't mean we'll spend the next 10 years in the bottom half of the standings like Edmonton or the Leafs did. Trust the mgmt.

13 minutes ago, Rubik said:

Cool down, no need calling them names. Be better than the Flames, Leafs, Oilers fans, don't sink to their level. This is a fine organization, we've never picked first overall, yet we've been to the finals 3 times and had pretty good teams. Just no luck yet, but look at the Cubs... Sooner or later, the Cup will be ours. :)

Anyway, for the past decade we've been clearly the better team, so I wouldn't worry about us. Sometime we had to start a rebuild, but that doesn't mean we'll spend the next 10 years in the bottom half of the standings like Edmonton or the Leafs did. Trust the mgmt.

It took the Cubs 108 years to win another World Series. The Canucks are 47 years old and I'm 28. As I don't plan to be alive at 89, I hope it doesn't take that long.

20 minutes ago, Rubik said:

Cool down, no need calling them names. Be better than the Flames, Leafs, Oilers fans, don't sink to their level. This is a fine organization, we've never picked first overall, yet we've been to the finals 3 times and had pretty good teams. Just no luck yet, but look at the Cubs... Sooner or later, the Cup will be ours.

This is not a derogatory name... it's what they've been doing and how they've built their contending team. Coilers, Lames, Laughs, Cannots, etc... these are derogatory names that are just meant as an insult without any basis. 

Archived