The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rothchild's Friend's Mural Under Eiffel Tower

Salmonberries

5 minutes ago, Toews said:

Maybe you can provide us your interpretation then. ^_^

No, but I do find that the Rothschild family commissioned this for the area beneath the Eiffel Tower interesting. That is a first. And why this artist? These are interesting questions to me.

I posted it to survey the reactions of other members here really. Thanks for not playing along though I guess eh @Toews

29 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

No, but I do find that the Rothschild family commissioned this for the area beneath the Eiffel Tower. That is a first. And why this artist? These are interesting questions to me.

I posted it to survey the reactions of other members here really. Thanks for not playing along though I guess eh @Toews

Your title says he is a friend of theirs. If you wanted to commission a piece of art it would make sense to approach your friend (who happens to be an artist) about it. Then again the artist's tweet which you posted doesn't seem to support that conclusion. In his tweet the artist only states that him and two other individuals with the last name Rothschild collaborated on a piece of art.

Why not this artist? I am certainly not an expert on art so going by his website...

Cleon Peterson is an LA based artist whose chaotic and violent paintings show clashing figures symbolizing a struggle between power and submission in the fluctuating architecture of contemporary society. The imagery of Cleon Peterson is not only strong because of its striking visual quality and its relevance to our world today. Although all too easily associated with the barbaric sectarian violence in the Middle East and escalating excrescence that is the current geopolitical turmoil, it’s also deeply rooted in Western cultural history, from the classic Greco-Roman vases depicting warriors and battles, to the marvelous decapitation paintings of Caravaggio and violent masterpieces of Goya.

So now we have some context.

To the last part, just seems weird to "survey the reactions of other members" while withholding your own. Whenever I post content on this site I have no qualms in providing my views on the subject matter but to each their own. Like I said art is something that I have never had an affinity for. I am not sure what I am supposed to glean when I look at this stuff.

8 minutes ago, Toews said:

Your title says he is a friend of theirs. If you wanted to commission a piece of art it would make sense to approach your friend (who happens to be an artist) about it. Then again the artist's tweet which you posted doesn't seem to support that conclusion. In his tweet the artist only states that him and two other individuals with the last name Rothschild collaborated on a piece of art.

Why not this artist? I am certainly not an expert on art so going by his website...

So now we have some context.

To the last part, just seems weird to "survey the reactions of other members" while withholding your own. Whenever I post content on this site I have no qualms in providing my views on the subject matter but to each their own. Like I said art is something that I have never had an affinity for. I am not sure what I am supposed to glean when I look at this stuff.

I do think it would have been a much bolder stroke had a more representative piece from the artists oeuvre been produced for the plum spot beneath the tower. It is quite an honor after all. Allowing tourists and locals alike to gaze upon the shocking violence of one of these representations of the death of Western and indeed of French civilization from an iconic symbol of that same civilization with France firmly in decline would have been a masterstroke of ironic genius imo.

11 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I do think it would have been a much bolder stroke had a more representative piece from the artists oeuvre been produced for the plum spot beneath the tower. It is quite an honor after all. Allowing tourists and locals alike to gaze upon the shocking violence of one of these representations of the death of Western and indeed of French civilization from an iconic symbol of that same civilization with France firmly in decline would have been a masterstroke of ironic genius imo.

Wouldn't have been family friendly though, speaking of which I would put those images inside spoiler tags. The images posted are graphic and I am convinced we have more than a few posters who are probably too young to see this.

1 hour ago, Toews said:

Wouldn't have been family friendly though, speaking of which I would put those images inside spoiler tags. The images posted are graphic and I am convinced we have more than a few posters who are probably too young to see this.

i hate how our society shelters people from life and the way things are i know how i was when i was 10-19 im pretty sure  i could handle these images then not sure why this shelter mentality is in  everywhere we are now   screw this bs 

3 hours ago, Toews said:

:lol: are you kidding? Last time I checked video games are more graphic.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

:lol: are you kidding? Last time I checked video games are more graphic.

There are graphic depictions of rape and violence. I recommended it so that this thread would not get locked, this is a family friendly board after all.

I must confess I have a vested interest in seeing this thread stay open, the Rothschild conspiracy is &^@#ing hilarious. To see people take such nonsense seriously always makes me laugh.

7 minutes ago, Toews said:

There are graphic depictions of rape and violence. I recommended it so that this thread would not get locked, this is a family friendly board after all.

I must confess I have a vested interest in seeing this thread stay open, the Rothschild conspiracy is &^@#ing hilarious. To see people take such nonsense seriously always makes me laugh.

I don't understand this whole conspiracy and I'm to old to learn.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I don't understand this whole conspiracy and I'm to old to learn.

Don't bother, total waste of time. They are a wealthy Jewish family. The Anti-Semitic rhetoric pretty much writes itself after that.

Archived