The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) TB-VAN

44 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

Was about to start my own topic on this, when I saw yours in the search. 

I love the idea of getting Point way more than Drouin.  However I really don't think the Value is there in your proposal.  I keep thinking of the Seth Jones for Ryan Johasen trade.  Legit #1 centre for Top 2 D.  On a good team Tanev will be a very good 2nd pairing D man.  Brayden Point is proving pretty quick he will be a 1 or 2 Centre.  The fact that he is on an entry level deal only increases his value, which is why I don't think Tanev alone can get him.  Here is what I'd like to see:

To Tampa: Tanev, CJB 2nd

To Van: Point, Callahan

Tampa saves $1.4 million in cap space with this deal.  Giving them around 20 Million to sign Drouin, Johnson, Palat and Koekkoek. 

What do you think?

Overpayment by the canucks.  You say that tanev + CBJ 2nd + Callahans contract are equal to point?! JB would never do such a trade. They just do it if someone pays the right price (very high)...

32 minutes ago, scheif16 said:

Overpayment by the canucks.  You say that tanev + CBJ 2nd + Callahans contract are equal to point?! JB would never do such a trade. They just do it if someone pays the right price (very high)...

you would have to add the 14th back in the mix. Point is nowhere close to Ryan. For what Tanev brings compared to jones. isn't  A cash dump A 2nd a good enough balance

. Point Callahan, the 14th for Tanev taking the cash dump, and A second is about as fair as it gets. 

Trade Edler to dallas for their 28th. flip that and the 33rd to the ducks for Vats. Who they are going to lose no matter what. And they can only take back picks or exempt players. 

Rebuild almost complete.. still left with the 5th and 14th to pick or trade.

WE got our future 1c.We got our ppQB I say package those picks or use them on NHL ready players.

1 hour ago, bp79 said:

you would have to add the 14th back in the mix. Point is nowhere close to Ryan. For what Tanev brings compared to jones. isn't  A cash dump A 2nd a good enough balance

. Point Callahan, the 14th for Tanev taking the cash dump, and A second is about as fair as it gets. 

Trade Edler to dallas for their 28th. flip that and the 33rd to the ducks for Vats. Who they are going to lose no matter what. And they can only take back picks or exempt players. 

Rebuild almost complete.. still left with the 5th and 14th to pick or trade.

WE got our future 1c.We got our ppQB I say package those picks or use them on NHL ready players.

I would like to see a trade including dallas and the 3rd overall. According to TSN (Kuzma) dallas really wants Tanev to be back in the playoffs race. So at the moment we're holding the cards and we should be hard with them. From our side, it's not that important to trade Tanev now whereas dallas want immediate help.

So I would like to see a offer like this.

Tanev + SJ 4th for Dallas 3rd overall + Niemi contract

If they reject that offer, fine move on. We could easily flip him at the deadline or in the next offseason.

We would have 3rd, 5th, 33rd, 56th and that would definately help for the future.

A Tanev + 33rd + 56th for 3rd overall trade was mentioned before, that's ridiculous and won't happen under JB. So we're in the position to say what we want - not dallas.

And I'm sure dallas knows what they get in Tanev...

The Lightning are such good trading partners for the Canucks.  They have cap problems, want to contend next season and have some great prospects.  They also have a number of good players that they can't possibly protect at the ED.  I don't think they will want to move Point and I can't see Callahan waiving to come to Vancouver. 

How 'bout...Tanev to Tampa.... Garrison (cap dump) + Brent Howden + 14th overall to Van.  JB could try for Taylor Johnson (instead of BH), but Tampa would probably want a 3rd rounder or something.  Of course, if they pick up Taylor Johnson, they will leave Granny or Baer unprotected.

I think it would be better to wait until after the ED.  There will be more teams willing to trade for Tanev when to protection concerns a gone.

Man, TB sure have an awesome scouting team!

4 hours ago, stuman491 said:

Was about to start my own topic on this, when I saw yours in the search. 

I love the idea of getting Point way more than Drouin.  However I really don't think the Value is there in your proposal.  I keep thinking of the Seth Jones for Ryan Johasen trade.  Legit #1 centre for Top 2 D.  On a good team Tanev will be a very good 2nd pairing D man.  Brayden Point is proving pretty quick he will be a 1 or 2 Centre.  The fact that he is on an entry level deal only increases his value, which is why I don't think Tanev alone can get him.  Here is what I'd like to see:

To Tampa: Tanev, CJB 2nd

To Van: Point, Callahan

Tampa saves $1.4 million in cap space with this deal.  Giving them around 20 Million to sign Drouin, Johnson, Palat and Koekkoek. 

What do you think?

Point stock is high but I'd put him as another horvat not a true no.1 centre.

Drouin has the high end skill I'd prefer, but we'd have to take Callahan back if he'd waive

Replace point with drouin and I'd take that deal cause drouin has serious upside that's hard to find especially for a team that is starved for flare and exciting players 

12 hours ago, billabong said:

Point stock is high but I'd put him as another horvat not a true no.1 centre.

Drouin has the high end skill I'd prefer, but we'd have to take Callahan back if he'd waive

Replace point with drouin and I'd take that deal cause drouin has serious upside that's hard to find especially for a team that is starved for flare and exciting players 

Your thinking that is over payment for Point then?  Your thinking Callahan and Point for Tanev? No second thrown in by us would be fair?

On 2017-05-25 at 11:12 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Look Ma another Tanev proposal!

As he seems to be our biggest bargaining chip, it does make sense there would be a lot of them.

As soon as you saw his name, you had the option to leave rather than wasting your precious time making a pointless statement.

On 2017-06-08 at 9:29 AM, stuman491 said:

Your thinking that is over payment for Point then?  Your thinking Callahan and Point for Tanev? No second thrown in by us would be fair?

I wouldn't say it's over payment, but I'd rather work out a deal for drouin cause his talent is harder to find

Archived