The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

the iPhone 8 thread

MoneypuckOverlord

I just watched a Simon Sinek(sp?) spiel on corporate innovation and why apple has a loyal customer base and why they are willing to be the first in line when a new product comes out.  It's a interesting watch, I cannot link youtube vids at work but it shouldn't be too hard to find. 

On 9/14/2017 at 9:32 AM, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Do,you care if I over payed for a car?  I drive Lexus RX 270 are you going to give me a lesson on I could have simply purchased Toyota RAV4 instead ? 

Thread was a mistake. As usual android uses telling Apple users how to &^@#ing spend their money.

I don't think that applies... Lexus makes very reliable cars. You can justify buying an RX... especially considering RX models are made in Canada and have less hidden duty / freight costs built into the price. That's a solid purchase and you're not paying outrageous markups for the product. Probably one of the best value luxury cars you can buy in Canada. 

Apple phones are more like Mercedes / BMW / etc... overly marked up and don't give  you much of an advantage other than some "status"...

Other than being very simple, user friendly that any kid or grandparent can even figure out how to use but limit the things you can do versus an Android that takes more of a brain to figure out but most teens/adults can after a while. 

Edit: Honestly, nothing against iOS in general... if not for them, I'd have to answer 50 more calls from my mom daily on how to use Android. Got her an iPhone and she loves it. For those that can't adapt to technology as fast, Apple products are great. They are simple to use and generally good quality. 

2 hours ago, apollo said:

I don't think that applies... Lexus makes very reliable cars. You can justify buying an RX... especially considering RX models are made in Canada and have less hidden duty / freight costs built into the price. That's a solid purchase and you're not paying outrageous markups for the product. Probably one of the best value luxury cars you can buy in Canada. 

Apple phones are more like Mercedes / BMW / etc... overly marked up and don't give  you much of an advantage other than some "status"...

Other than being very simple, user friendly that any kid or grandparent can even figure out how to use but limit the things you can do versus an Android that takes more of a brain to figure out but most teens/adults can after a while. 

Edit: Honestly, nothing against iOS in general... if not for them, I'd have to answer 50 more calls from my mom daily on how to use Android. Got her an iPhone and she loves it. For those that can't adapt to technology as fast, Apple products are great. They are simple to use and generally good quality. 

enjoy your spyware

Yeah, IOS11 seems to speed up my old iphone a bit its less laggy. I noticed that before the update I only had 2.5gb of free space now I have almost 6. This is without doing all those memory optimization things. I dont know if the update did something to my apps or just made the memory taken up by the system smaller.

2 hours ago, Watermelon said:

Yeah, IOS11 seems to speed up my old iphone a bit its less laggy. I noticed that before the update I only had 2.5gb of free space now I have almost 6. This is without doing all those memory optimization things. I dont know if the update did something to my apps or just made the memory taken up by the system smaller.

photos and videos are smaller now

Archived