The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

You made the claim that they wouldn't entertain moving Liljegren, but proposed Dermott and a 2nd.  I'm suggesting that you're overvaluing Liljegren relative to Dermott. 

You feel the debate is fruitless - I don't agree with your take on those player's value - I don't consider Liljegren an unrealistic demand for Gudbranson - at all - certainly not if you're expecting to get Dermott and a 2nd instead. 

actually perhaps try reading my full post - what you or I or the canucks want isn't necessarily what they will get

To add, you say I am overvaluing Liljegren, I am not, I am taking the perspective of what Toronto would likely want to give up. An offensively talented potential #1/#2 RHD or a #3 / #4 balanced LHD? As we all know offensively gifted RHD do not grow on trees and are at a premium in the NHL, prospect or not.

I don't consider Liljegren an unrealistic demand either and actually think he's more fair value given what Gudbranson would bring to a team like toronto who REALLY needs him, that being said, I don't see Lou (who's stingy) giving up the above for a rental. It takes 2 to trade and as you are likely aware, it seldom ends up where both teams get 'exactly' what they expect.

Again, try reading my full post in the future, it was quite clear what I just described if you really read it.

Good luck

I think people are reading way too much into Dermott being recalled.

The Leafs are not scoring.

Rielly is the only D driving production.

Gardiner has regressed - and was never really a good bet imo.

Beyond that - as Hughson, Leafs fan #1 indicated - the bulk of their blueline struggles to make a first pass.

Teams are keying on their weaknesses and Toronto is being challenged to adapt to generate the scoring they've come to expect.

Recalling Dermott is easy to understand in the context of their own needs - doesn't need to be reduced to a showcase for a trade.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Beyond that - as Hughson, Leafs fan #1 indicated - the bulk of their blueline struggles to make a first pass.

Teams are keying on their weaknesses and Toronto is being challenged to adapt to generate the scoring they've come to expect.

Recalling Dermott is easy to understand in the context of their own needs - doesn't need to be reduced to a showcase for a trade.

yep and i guess the whole nucks scouting staff just figured they'd hang out? LOL....smh

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

So that's your short term take.  What's the view beyond the sunset?

Move Edler - and Hutton - and you still have MDZ, Pouliot, Juolevi and a left-weighted Utica.

Think about that later?

Other trades can be made, July 1st is coming up. Maybe benning is targeting John Carlson as is #1 target is he makes it to FA. Moving out 1 rhd is not the end of the world. We are a rebuilding team changes will and should continue to happen.

we now have a good group of forward prospects maybe Goldobin gets moved in a deal for a D. You also seem to forget MDZ contract ends next summer. what Utica LHD are currently pressing and are nhl caliber? Wiercioch couldnt make the team at the start of the year and is a FA. Holm is intriguing but he is on a 1 yr deal, good chance he goes back to europe or moves on if a bottom feeder team like up cant even give him some nhl games

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Gardiner has regressed I can agree. It's TO. Gardiner has an ok season last year on a team where everything went right and he is declared a top D by media. 

2 minutes ago, BoeserSnipe said:

yep and i guess the whole nucks scouting staff just figured they'd hang out? LOL....smh

shake your head all you want.  

That's an ignorant comment that leans entirely on the weak, reductive assumption that the scouting staff were all there to watch one player. 

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

shake your head all you want.  

That's an ignorant comment that leans entirely on the weak, reductive assumption that the scouting staff were all there to watch one player. 

Who said it was about one player? and calling others ignorant because they logically deduce things from a number of factors? it seems you are here to argue. Good luck in life, you need it.

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

Gardiner has regressed I can agree. It's TO. Gardiner has an ok season last year on a team where everything went right and he is declared a top D by media. 

I think it would be a good move to deal him assuming they could get value for him (Babcock has done a very good job imo of pumping his value up) - but I'm not a fan of Gardiner (wouldn't be looking to acquire him myself).

https://world.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/report-leafs-have-officially-made-a-trade-offer-for-3rd-overall-pick?ref=david

Take it for what its worth, but this seems to be a more legitimate offer then a lot have proposed, and seems like something Benning would target.

"It sounds to me like they do have something on the table for Erik Gudbranson — the Leafs are said to have offered a pick and Andrew (Neilsen)," The Province reporter Patrick Johnston revealed.

3 minutes ago, Solinar said:

https://world.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/report-leafs-have-officially-made-a-trade-offer-for-3rd-overall-pick?ref=david

Take it for what its worth, but this seems to be a more legitimate offer then a lot have proposed, and seems like something Benning would target.

Funny, seems my Dermott and a 2nd is alot closer than Linjgren lol! that oldnews guy is going to blow a gasket! I don't like that deal but that's how stingy Lou works, he's a lowballer.

7 minutes ago, Solinar said:

"It sounds to me like they do have something on the table for Erik Gudbranson — the Leafs are said to have offered a pick and Andrew (Neilsen)," The Province reporter Patrick Johnston revealed.

you realize that the link - which I'm not clicking - claims the Leafs have officially made an offer for "3rd overall pick"?

if you want to post the substance in that link  - perhaps you could make sense of that.

a 3rd round pick and Nielsen is yesterday's joke.

14 minutes ago, BoeserSnipe said:

Funny, seems my Dermott and a 2nd is alot closer than Linjgren lol! that oldnews guy is going to blow a gasket! I don't like that deal but that's how stingy Lou works, he's a lowballer.

I remember my first beer.

And Gudbranson was the former third overall draft pick in his draft year....

Yes, its a click bait title, with an ounce of truth, but that doesn't mean that there isn't smoke or possibly fire.  As is, all we're doing is speculating, so, some more speculation to the fire! :)

24 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I think it would be a good move to deal him assuming they could get value for him (Babcock has done a very good job imo of pumping his value up) - but I'm not a fan of Gardiner (wouldn't be looking to acquire him myself).

I was never big fan. Just like Kaberle and Phaneuf. He's been pumped by TO and TSN media. Yes I'm talking about your Dreger.

7 minutes ago, Solinar said:

And Gudbranson was the former third overall draft pick in his draft year....

Yes, its a click bait title, with an ounce of truth, but that doesn't mean that there isn't smoke or possibly fire.  As is, all we're doing is speculating, so, some more speculation to the fire! :)

or........bananas

image.jpeg.217e0bec5315b0db2fd3fbf294dd4d11.jpeg

Patrick Johnston.

Using B-otchford's #cellphone.

Archived