The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

Brady Tkachuk my 4th Bob's 3rd 
Jared McIsaac my 30th Bob's 26th
Liam Foudy my 33rd Bob's 29th
Sampo Ranta my 58th Bob's 63rd
Kevin Mandolese my 117th Bob's outside the 3rd round but tbh we took a flyer on a 17 year old goalie with upside born in Montreal like a lot of good NHL goalies and playing in Cape Breton where I find I like the social culture. 'e is a good egg. 

we will see at the draft that matters in a few days but I am very happy with all my picks, management of the draft and the mix: G, LW, C, D, C/LW ... I think we had a hugely successful draft, but time will tell. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Kevin Mandolese my 117th Bob's outside the 3rd round but tbh we took a flyer on a 17 year old goalie with upside born in Montreal like a lot of good NHL goalies and playing in Cape Breton where I find I like the social culture. 'e is a good egg. 

Really like Mandolese. Among other things, he has one thing you can’t teach. Size.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone think Matthew Quigley will be taken in a late round? Stay home Dman with the Portland Winterhawks. I could see him maybe being offered a contract later but not necessarily drafted. I like what he provides to the Winterhawks, in that their young Finn Dman gets to jump up a lot in the attacking zone and the team and coach know Quigley will keep the peace on the back end. Just as the old adage goes: you tend to draft goal scorers as they are the hardest thing to accomplish at the top level. ...maybe a poor mans Volchenkov/Scuderi? Hrm, that is a bit too much of a compliment i know. I am biased as he is in the extended family and the scuttlebut is maybe just maybe he will get a draft nod very late.

Edited by Primal Optimist

5 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Does anyone think Matthew Quigley will be taken in a late round? Stay home Dman with the Portland Winterhawks. I could see him maybe being offered a contract later but not necessarily drafted. I like what he provides to the Winterhawks, in that their young Finn Dman gets to jump up a lot in the attacking zone and the team and coach know Quigley will keep the peace on the back end. Just as the old adage goes: you tend to draft goal scorers as they are the hardest thing to accomplish at the top level. ...maybe a poor mans Volchenkov/Scuderi?

Ãhnliches Foto

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Buffalo Sabres have made a trade with the Vancouver Canucks.

To BUF:
small.png Jamie Benn
small.png Matthew Strome

To VAN:
small.png Gabriel Landeskog
small.png Sven Baertschi

Just now, canuck2xtreme said:

EXTENSION: The Buffalo Sabres have re-signed Max Domi to a two year contract extension.

small.png Max Domi - 2 year, $7.5 million dollar contract ($3.75 million per season)

Buffalo doin' it big before the draft! 

It wasn't easy to move Gabriel Landeskog, but we think Jamie Benn is going to be an absolute monster on an improved Dallas team this season (hopefully) 

In our pitch to sign Domi to a new contract we had expressed our want to pair him with Drouin... Who knew that we were so prophetic? 

Either way we are happy to get a deal done and can now turn our attention to free agency! 

Updated Buffalo Sabres lineup 

Benn - Trochek - Nichushkin 

Domi - Drouin - Boeser 

_______ - Hinostroza - Scherbak

Crouse - White - Noesen

Letang - Brodin

Dumba - Greene

Dunn - Gudbranson 

Fleury

Talbot

_______

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

EXTENSION: The Philadelphia Flyers have re-signed Jonathan Marchessault to a 6 year contract extension.

small.png Jonathan Marchessault - 6 year, $36 million dollar contract. ($6 million per season)

Philadelphia are thrilled to have Jonathan back in the fold as our number one center and look forward to what he'll do in the coming seasons

Edited by Zenflamesfan