The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2018-19 (2 positions available!)

canuck2xtreme

2 minutes ago, winterhawks said:

It is sad to see both P.O and Azzy leave the league today. Both gentlemen were dedicated to the league and improving their teams. You both will be greatly missed and I wish you all the best.

As far as trade discussions goes, it seems like every year the prices start out high and as we approach the trade deadline they start to soften and more trades take place. Everyone wants a steal and to hit a home run but from my discussions often you can find common ground. There are definitely GMs that are easier to get ahold of, there is no secret why I have made 3 trades with Rush so far.

If any GM is frustrated with lack of trade discussions I would recommend coming onto Discord more often. That is where most of my in depth negotiations take place. 

I 100% back this.

I have made 95% of my trades from discussions on discord. That is the place to be if you want to have a fluid conversation and be up to date on the latest avaliablities. Discord = fantastic trade tool

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I feel like you're talking about me... <_<

:lol: Really though, it makes sense that we're not typically good trade partners. You're starting your rebuild and I'm working on coming out of mine. We both want the same players! Short of a 'hockey deal' F for a D or something, we're not likely to make any trades any time soon...lol

That doesn't make either of us 'bad GM's', just ill fits as trade partners presently.

You may be one :ph34r: haha :lol:.

It's ok tho. we will make one, one day when the time is right.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, winterhawks said:

It is sad to see both P.O and Azzy leave the league today. Both gentlemen were dedicated to the league and improving their teams. You both will be greatly missed and I wish you all the best.

As far as trade discussions goes, it seems like every year the prices start out high and as we approach the trade deadline they start to soften and more trades take place. Everyone wants a steal and to hit a home run but from my discussions often you can find common ground. There are definitely GMs that are easier to get ahold of, there is no secret why I have made 3 trades with Rush so far.

If any GM is frustrated with lack of trade discussions I would recommend coming onto Discord more often. That is where most of my in depth negotiations take place. 

agreed, if anyone is not currently on discord feel free to pm me and I can send you an invitation to the CDCGML group.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, ActionJax09 said:

I think a good starting point would be to ask all 31 GM’s “Can/will you respond to a message from another GM within 48 hrs?” I would assume everyone has internet access on their phone so I would say 48 hrs is a reasonable response time. If you can’t then maybe this isn’t the pool for you. I don’t mean to come off as a dick but I don’t think it’s that unreasonable. 

I personally open open up the thread a couple times in the day and if I have a personal msg it lets me know right away. It takes less than a minute to check. 

Thoughts?

This works for me, we all know that for the most part within a day or two we will get a reply, really on each of us to send a " no thanks not interested " or " lets talks about this more " reply. This would be very helpful, many a trade talk is drawn out while waiting to hear from someone else when weighing options right.

Nothing wrong with a member letting us know in pm or in thread that they could be in a bust stage of things re: school, work, family, health and so on. We've cut slack in past and tried to help/accomodate members before who could not be present as much as they'd like. Real life always finds a way to get in the way right.

• Cheers 1

Just to be clear I was not talking about any one team. 

In terms of the trades I think as a GM you always have a responsibility to listen/engage because you never know what someone is willing to give up. Especially if you are not in playoff position. 

In terms of negotiations I too have heard the “make me an offer” line. Which can be a waste of time. For those of you who have had trade talks with me you know that I ask for a list of assets you like of mine and I submit a list of assets I like of yours. It speeds things up and can eliminate a lot of back and forth offers. 

All of this his being said I’m not sure how we would enforce all of these ideas. I think it was great when @canuck2xtreme would do an activity check to see who was asleep at the wheel. 

Im guilty of not responding to PM's right away, although right now I am in Arizona(heading to disneyland tomorrow) so been a little slower then usual. I usually see the PM but don't want to open it until I have time to come up with some trade discussion back and forth. I'm never not against trading anyone, so at least want to take a look. However as far as my team goes I'm kind of in a  difficult spot. Probably good enough to make playoffs, but not go on an extended run. I don't have alot of future assets, so would I want to give up even more just for maybe a 2nd-3rd round berth? 

There is always a way to get deals done... be pushy... be persistent... overpay for the guys you want. There is always someway that a deal works itself out. 

The fun is in putting feelers out there and hoping for a positive response.... although as Jax says it only applies if you get a response (in which to be honest I have struggled to reply lately as well)

We still have a great core of GMs here and discussions like this are great imo.

lets have a great rest of the year and trade deadline!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, OurTimeToShine said:

There is always a way to get deals done... be pushy... be persistent... overpay for the guys you want. There is always someway that a deal works itself out. 

The fun is in putting feelers out there and hoping for a positive response.... although as Jax says it only applies if you get a response (in which to be honest I have struggled to reply lately as well)

yep. i paid a 1st, Jake Bean and Jannik Hansen for Ristolainen.

i paid a 1st, a young top 6 winger and a 4th for Lindholm.

i got the player i wanted, and they got what they were after.

zero regrets, hefty price.

if you are making a deal, and it doesn't hurt a little, your being a dick. value for value.

Edited by greensman
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Im guilty of not responding to PM's right away, although right now I am in Arizona(heading to disneyland tomorrow) so been a little slower then usual. I usually see the PM but don't want to open it until I have time to come up with some trade discussion back and forth. I'm never not against trading anyone, so at least want to take a look. However as far as my team goes I'm kind of in a  difficult spot. Probably good enough to make playoffs, but not go on an extended run. I don't have alot of future assets, so would I want to give up even more just for maybe a 2nd-3rd round berth? 

Well, if you do decide to retool/rebuild, drop me a line ;)

34 minutes ago, OurTimeToShine said:

d50e9fab3e61201d099a13c58bc7900a.png

29 minutes ago, greensman said:

yep. i paid a 1st, Jake Bean and Jannik Hansen for Ristolainen.

i paid a 1st, a young top 6 winger and a 4th for Lindholm.

i got the player i wanted, and they got what they were after.

zero regrets, hefty price.

if you are making a deal, and it doesn't hurt a little, your being a dick. value for value.

d50e9fab3e61201d099a13c58bc7900a.png

Okay, so we all know the league has some issues to work out.  I've said pretty consistently that if people have input or an issue they want addressed, to let me know so I can address it. 

With that said, if you want to be part of the solution, please PM me asap. Interested in people who want to help out with any and every aspect of the game so we can get better.

• Upvote 2

Also, either in thread or in PM if you're not comfortable.  I'd like to ask everyone to give me a little bit of feedback.

1. What aspect of GML do you enjoy the most?

2. Is there any rule you want to see changed, adjusted etc.?
3. What do you think is the biggest issue that needs to be fixed asap?

1 minute ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Also, either in thread or in PM if you're not comfortable.  I'd like to ask everyone to give me a little bit of feedback.

I shall ponder it myself tonight and get back too you. I want to really absorb the questions so I can be as much help as possible.

25 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

1. you guys. some of you are my friends, and some I've never met. you rag-tag bunch o hooligans make it all worthwhile. Thats why i put my efforts in. I also really enjoy watching prospects develop, and following their progress... i don't often trade draftees.

2. id like our league awards to be based on GML numbers. ex. Our Norris should be our top Dman in pool points minus penalties, and our Art Ross should be our top pool point forward minus penalties)

3. we need to communicate with each other more. discord, however. if we want trades to be fluid, we have to be prepared to make fluid trades. We need to know who's available, and what the prices are... we used to have team pages, and post that stuff.

Edited by greensman

Oh... And if your on discord. Please do not have yourself listed as "offline" if you want to talk trade. I see so many of you drop a line we'll set to offline.

I never know who is actually around and who I can actually leave a msg for. Pro tip. If your set to online we are more likely to pm you! I only pm ppl online unless we have on going trade dialogue.

Edited by Rush17
  • Thanks 1