The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ending Foreign Property ownership in BC

kingofsurrey

9 hours ago, riffraff said:

This is not reality and will not help you learn to manage your money - something you will need to know  when you enter real life.

Oh please tell me ole sage wise one how to manage money if I can't learn it living at home.....

How the hell do you know this guys situation?  I did that exact same thing, I lived at home until mid 20s and moved out when I got engaged to my wife into her place then we bought a home.  I think I did just fine and knew everything about money management from living at home considering my wife and I are sitting well financially and own a 4 acre property with no bill that we ever are afraid of not having money for.  I lived at home and my parents forced me to pay "rent" into my savings account for my financial investor to help me get a better return on.  I was taught what an ideal mortgage would be, what an idea of my heating, electical, home insurance, etc. would be and invested that much each month.  When I moved out it was flawless, other than setting up payments and actually paying bills rather than just sending money off to make better interest, nothing really changed, nothing was a shock and reality check at all to me. 

17 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Townhouses aren't bad, I would definitely consider. A guy at my work paid 375 in Abbotsford for an apartment after getting in a bid war with a half dozen other people. Personally I think it was very stupid because you don't get ahead by grossly overpaying, especially for a postage stamp sized apartment. The market is unsustainable especially with rising rates, eventually it will crash.  Also as one of those young people, I will just live at home and bank and invest everything I make. Moving out because "I am of that age" and taking on a stupid mortgage, if I can even find a place, is something that has zero appeal whatsoever. 

Do it, if you can bank every penny you can then do it and if you have a chance to get a second job to up that income if you have time then I recommend that too.  I did it, virtually every cent I made went to a financial investor at a low interest risk account and built 5-6% per year, after 6-7 years of that I moved out in my mid 20s when I got married and everything has worked out well.  I refused to move up for the sake of moving out like many of my friends did, their "I don't want to live with my parents" and "I am sick of this place I want out" is just a piss poor mindset, look long term, its the best chance you got to be successful in the future.  

20 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

THAT would be discrimination.

And? They're the problem, so deal with the problem. "Discrimination" is bad when is based on bias, racism, ect.., but there's nothing wrong with it when it's based on verifiable fact. 

Beijing had a ban on foreign ownership in that city from certain countries for years, so I don't see why we can't do that here. And before anyone calls me racist, I lived in Beijing for 8 years and had a Chinese GF for many of those. So it's not based on racism, just facts.

11 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

nooooope.  we are the ones building new condo's new houses just for those foreigners.

Well that too, developers buying land assemblies and over paying grossly for homes to build condos and townhouses are local and Canadian devlopers...

Archived