The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kavanaugh Hearings

OneSeventeen

3 hours ago, Toews said:

I would say we are all a little narcissistic but there are some who choose to loudly revel in their narcissism by accusing everyone of being a "sheep" while proclaiming to be the one enlightened enough to be above it all. Usually it comes with a 1984 reference which makes clear that the person has probably only read the cliff notes version of the novel..

no, not everyone can be categorized as part of the sheeple, but some comments only solidify the fact that the brainwashing has done it's job

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Gotta say, it's very disappointing that the NYT dropped the ball so badly on this latest story. All this does is give Trump and his cronies more ammunition for their "Fake News!" rantings. And it was a stupid omission (if it was omitted on purpose)....

Just because the woman in question doesn't remember the incident, doesn't mean that it didn't happen. It's entirely possible that someone at a party could have too much to drink and not remember even something as bizarre as this.

The more likely scenario (if the incident did indeed take place) is that she saw the results of the Christine Blasey Ford accusation and asked herself, "Why would I put myself through all of that, when it did absolutely zero good in the end?"

I said it at the time: 30 year old accusations without concrete proof should never preclude someone from being appointed to a position, even one as important as SCOTUS. However, I was (and am) of the opinion that Kavanagh is unfit, because of the blatant lies he told the inquiry about his past and especially the promotion of a silly conspiracy about the Clintons, which was clearly a poorly disguised attempt to curry favor with Donald Trump.

so you are saying

we should not believe what women say ??

you refuse to accept she did not remember

cuz you have better information?
come on ... let's stay in reality here

1 hour ago, coastal.view said:

so you are saying

we should not believe what women say ??

you refuse to accept she did not remember

cuz you have better information?
come on ... let's stay in reality here

Not what I'm saying at all....I'm saying you can't convict someone without proof. That's reality...

FWIW, I completely believe CBF and I think BK is a liar. I'm also pissed that the allegation wasn't properly investigated, but without some proof you can't deny someone an appointment. It would open up a huge can of worms...

• Like 1