The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Feb. 14, 2019

-Vintage Canuck-

8 hours ago, Seinfeld said:

Not that I care about online reputation points, but I get 7 confused smilies cuz I offered up a slightly critical opinion which many agreed with. 

Nice to see CDC encourage discourse like always. 

This place was never this uptight 10 yrs ago. 

Come on Jerry, just admit since your comic career has fizzled that you have taken to trolling!

8 hours ago, riffraff said:

Bo is 0.8ppg playing with non offensive players many nights.

not sure how you see any significant drop off.  Since the beginning of the year he has been just under 1.0ppg.  So while there has been a small drop that stat can easily be tied into team losses and lack of production.

4CF7DBBA-2C70-4D1F-976D-1DE32A517289.png

Im more interested in the story about the baby. Another alien?

8 hours ago, stawns said:

I honestly don't think, outside of his ability to put the puck in the net, that he would be in the NHL right now.  

For the analyticzz people, which I am not, BB seems to be trending upwards in most stats. He is not a one dimensional player. And I find your observation obsurd.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/b/boesebr01-advanced.htmlhttps://www.hockey-reference.com/players/b/boesebr01-advanced.html

9 hours ago, stawns said:

I guess it depends on the metrics used, but, for me, he's much farther down the list than that.  Obviously his shot and scoring is high level, but I find the rest of his game to be borderline NHL level.

Fair enough Stawns...

I should maybe say offensive forward. 

He doesn’t provide the Skating of most and isn’t the strongest in physicali battles along the boards, although he does engage, but he does possess the most important part, which is the ability to get his high calibre shot away, and not only away but often in the net as well... something most of our forwards struggle to do. 

I do get, what you are saying, and yes it depends of the metrics used. Players like Beagle, Roussel, Jake, Erksson brings different skills, and probably in their way is just as valuable to the table.  Its a team game... but unless you got somebody to put the puck in the net, you’re going nowhere. 

Brock is in his proper second pro season after a bad injury, which took him time to recuperate from... 

I say, maybe give him a pass for now and support him.... just I’ve said with Jake. And any other youngster in our team. :)

18 hours ago, stawns said:

I honestly don't think, outside of his ability to put the puck in the net, that he would be in the NHL right now.  

Stawns,

Please tell me that you were high when you wrote this.  ;)

First, Boeser is in the NHL because he can RIP the puck. He is a near a goal per two games in his career atm.  

Secondly, he would have to adapt his game if he didnt score so well, added to that, his scoring gets him playing time with the best centers and the best o zone starts. 

Hard to say if he couldn't adjust like Eriksson if he didnt score.  Let's hope we never find out.  

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

Stawns,

Please tell me that you were high when you wrote this.  ;)

First, Boeser is in the NHL because he can RIP the puck. He is a near a goal per two games in his career atm.  

Secondly, he would have to adapt his game if he didnt score so well, added to that, his scoring gets him playing time with the best centers and the best o zone starts. 

Hard to say if he couldn't adjust like Eriksson if he didnt score.  Let's hope we never find out.  

I said exactly that.  He is a high level scorer, no one would argue that, and I'm very happy yes a Canuck.  It's been a long time since they've had a shooter like him, probably Nazzy.

But, to me, that's where his career starts and ends........if the scoring dries up, he's marginally NHL level.  Thankfully, I don't see his scoring drying up anytime soon.

Archived