The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019-2020 Canucks season tickets thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

20 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Well they have to be here by the 17th, so yeah :) I would bet that the Canucks send them out this next week. Usually I get them at least a week before the first game minimum.

Few questions I have:

1) I wonder if they will go all out and do a special 50th anniversary edition of the tickets? Maybe put some retro players on the tickets instead of current players? Maybe do an old style ticket?

2) Will they include playoff tickets this time? They haven't done that in like 6 years, but I think not including them is a jinx. I think they should include them this year as a sign of confidence

3) Will this be the last year they issue hard copy tickets? They were going to stop about 6 years ago but had a change of heart. But if we have a good season this year and more people sign up for STH, I wonder if this might be the last year we see hard copy tickets and see a debit card style introduced instead?

I feel like I’ve been a full STH tickets been really plain like no effort into the art design 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 10:03 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

3) Will this be the last year they issue hard copy tickets? They were going to stop about 6 years ago but had a change of heart. But if we have a good season this year and more people sign up for STH, I wonder if this might be the last year we see hard copy tickets and see a debit card style introduced instead?

I was of the understanding that the Canucks were switching to digital ticketing this season. Are hard copy tickets still being mailed out? Quarter STH holder for the first time and it would be nice to get the booklet that the tickets come in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocky_canucks said:

I was of the understanding that the Canucks were switching to digital ticketing this season. Are hard copy tickets still being mailed out? Quarter STH holder for the first time and it would be nice to get the booklet that the tickets come in. 

I believe they discontinued hard copy tickets a while ago for quarter and half season ticket holders. Only full season ticket holders get the ticket booklets now. And that may not last much longer either.

The day the Canucks go digital I will reconsider whether or not I should keep my tickets. 90% of my sales are local and direct. It's just easier with hard copies. I don't make enough to be worth the trouble. I don't like stubhub and tickets don't sell on Ticketmaster because of the fees.

Mobile only tickets with data/wifi needed is coming to Vancouver. I'm going to BC Place on Saturday to watch the Rugby friendly match between Canada and the USA. I just got an email from Ticketmaster. Screenshots will not work or be allowed. We need the Ticketmaster Apps and Wifi or data plan. This will be a first for me and I think a first in Vancouver since screenshots of tickets were accepted in the past. We'll see how it goes....

10 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I believe they discontinued hard copy tickets a while ago for quarter and half season ticket holders. Only full season ticket holders get the ticket booklets now. And that may not last much longer either.

Hope they don’t take the hard copies tickets away..  but it’s probably a matter of time..    or they can give an option for ppl to pay extras for them

4 hours ago, Curt said:

The day the Canucks go digital I will reconsider whether or not I should keep my tickets. 90% of my sales are local and direct. It's just easier with hard copies. I don't make enough to be worth the trouble. I don't like stubhub and tickets don't sell on Ticketmaster because of the fees.

Can't you still do an E-transfer even if you are directly meeting with the person? 

They can pay you in person and you can e-transfer to them right in front of them using your phone. 

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Mobile only tickets with data/wifi needed is coming to Vancouver. I'm going to BC Place on Saturday to watch the Rugby friendly match between Canada and the USA. I just got an email from Ticketmaster. Screenshots will not work or be allowed. We need the Ticketmaster Apps and Wifi or data plan. This will be a first for me and I think a first in Vancouver since screenshots of tickets were accepted in the past. We'll see how it goes....

Yeah they are Doing the dynamic QR code now so screen shots will not work.  You will need an active internet connection to get the live QR code right before entry. I think the whitecaps were doing it this year too. 

3 hours ago, Curt said:

This really sucks because i screenshot tickets to send to people who come with me because i am often late, how am i supposed to get them in now without providing access to my

account?

7 hours ago, Shaelon said:

This really sucks because i screenshot tickets to send to people who come with me because i am often late, how am i supposed to get them in now without providing access to my

account?

can't you just e-transfer the ticket? 

Edited by bt116