The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) The Really Big Splash At The Draft

41 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Oh, I know some of these names are being thrown around as trade bait but for what you offered for them? Pfft. 

I didn't offer, the reports were those were asking prices. The Horvat thing was by name, ditto the Boeser offer and both 1rst round picks. Tyson Barrie is the hot item right now.

29 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Marleau is on a 35+ contract. You can buy him out. But it doesn’t erase the cap hit at all 

The Canucks can absorb the cap hit for one year hence the return of Kapenen and a wink, wink deal with SJ

23 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Has an NMC and rumours indicate he wants to go back to SoCal.

That is the prearranged deal, he agrees to go to Vancouver and then they buy him out. At any rate he is on the west coast

22 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Yup.  Just a whole lot of wrong with the proposal 

This is the proposal from the Marleau/Toronto camp

19 minutes ago, D-Money said:

There are only 2 scenarios in which Marleau would accept a trade to Vancouver:

1) Vancouver agrees to immediately buy him out, taking the full cap hit, and allowing him to sign elsewhere.

2) The trade is a 3-way deal with a SoCal team involved, where Vancouver would retain 50% of the salary/cap hit of Marleau, but not receive him (like Vegas did with the Brassard trade to Pittsburgh last year).

Bingo, but because he has to be bought out first there has to be a side deal between Van and SJ because teams are not allowed to trade cash, Structured like two deals makes it work but both need to contribute to the Nucks for taking on the cap hit and buyout. Essentially the Canucks are buying players, picks or both.

1 hour ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Just a series of rumors that if happened would amount to a total revamping,

From TO - Marleau, Kapanen and a 4th for a 5th round pick or minor league player - buyout Marleau - Swap of minor league players or pick SJ 3rd for Van 4th with SJ.

From Edmonton - Jesse Puljujarvi for a 2nd round pick

From Edmonton - Lucic and 2nd for Eriksson with 1/2 retention

From NYR - Horvat and later pick for #2 overall

From Buffalo - Ristolainen for Tanev and Juolevi

From Free Agency - Myers at 6 years 7.5 mil

Offer sheet Brandon Carlo 3.0 mil for 4 years

Wrong player in Tampa offer sheet - Point.

lol ok        first of all  marleau and kapanen  for a 5 th rd pick are you high lol   2 no to lucic     3 no to trading Horvat rangers aren't gonna do that  any ways  4 risto for tanev or juolevi   , be alright for a one for one deal  5 ,  just no to tyler myers   just no  6   offer sheets don't work  one hasn't work in 13 years penner  was the last one that worked     

23 minutes ago, the grinder said:

lol ok        first of all  marleau and kapanen  for a 5 th rd pick are you high lol   2 no to lucic     3 no to trading Horvat rangers aren't gonna do that  any ways  4 risto for tanev or juolevi   , be alright for a one for one deal  5 ,  just no to tyler myers   just no  6   offer sheets don't work  one hasn't work in 13 years penner  was the last one that worked     

20 minutes ago, the grinder said:

nothing is free , so it doesn't even happen  and then it doesn't help  us  the end 

Bob McKenzie reports it will be complicated for the Leafs to move aging winger Patrick Marleau. If he wants to return to the San Jose Sharks, it would take a third team acquiring Marleau. They would have to buy out the remaining year ($6.25 million annual average value) of his contract, and sign him to an affordable deal the Sharks could agree to take on

Moving Marleau and/or Zaitsev in cost-cutting deals could be easier said than done. It could involve including draft picks, prospects, or a young roster player in the deals. It also appears Dubas is trying to bolster his blueline with Kapanen and Brown as potential bargaining chips. Their names popped up frequently in recent Leafs trade chatter

It is out there, TO also is looking to deal Kadri or whoever to sign Marner.

The Lucic thing is close with some team and don't the Canucks, who are supposed in the mix, need more young players and picks? Aren't they supposed to maybe want to move Eriksson after Eriksson's comments? Or do they keep the cancer in the dressing room?

Edited by ItTakesAnArmy

2 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Bob McKenzie reports it will be complicated for the Leafs to move aging winger Patrick Marleau. If he wants to return to the San Jose Sharks, it would take a third team acquiring Marleau. They would have to buy out the remaining year ($6.25 million annual average value) of his contract, and sign him to an affordable deal the Sharks could agree to take on

in other words a snowball chance in hell it gonna happen 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, the grinder said:

Moving Marleau and/or Zaitsev in cost-cutting deals could be easier said than done. It could involve including draft picks, prospects, or a young roster player in the deals. It also appears Dubas is trying to bolster his blueline with Kapanen and Brown as potential bargaining chips. Their names popped up frequently in recent Leafs trade chatter

3 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

yep all talk no action 

16 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

It is out there, TO also is looking to deal Kadri or whoever to sign Marner.

The Lucic thing is close with some team and don't the Canucks, who are supposed in the mix, need more young players and picks? Aren't they supposed to maybe want to move Eriksson after Eriksson's comments? Or do they keep the cancer in the dressing room?

yep keep the draft pick, draft the players , send ericcsson to the minors or just move him  and not for luicic  don't spend big money on ufa  ( learn for torontos mistakes ) wait for the cap numbers to come out then pounce on players  like the islanders did  when they got leddy and boychuk  for almost nothing or erhoff for white  ps  then stop trying to trade Horvat and boesser then those are the core  jb isn't trading them  he has said it a  million times , 

2 hours ago, the grinder said:

Grinder...…...don't take things so literally……..the Leafs are in big dodo and they will be spending quality assets to get out of it...……...

Otherwise they loose quality assets...………...so something will happen, and it won't be for pennies. 

If you think you know how it works out...……….you should tell us, since you know so much! How do they sign all their assets and stay under the cap?

My bet is you will stay silent on this, and won't answer...……..which is typical of a No bird

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Just a series of rumors that if happened would amount to a total revamping,

From TO - Marleau, Kapanen and a 4th for a 5th round pick - I could live with this, but doubt TO gets rid of Kapanen just to move Marleau. They will just keep them.

From Edmonton - Jesse Puljujarvi for a 2nd round pick - I would do this

From Edmonton - Lucic and 2nd for Eriksson with 1/2 retention - not okay with this at all unless we are moving up in the draft or getting their 8th

From NYR - Horvat and later pick for #2 overall - HELLLLLLL NO

From Buffalo - Ristolainen for Tanev and Juolevi - HELLLL NO as Juolevi has the tools to be much better than Risto. Theres a reason hes been on the block for close to 2 years

From Free Agency - Myers at 6 years 7.5 mil -  Way too much money and term for a player of his calibre

Offer sheet Brandon Carlo 3.0 mil for 4 years - easily matched

Wrong player in Tampa offer sheet - Point. - they match anything

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Grinder...…...don't take things so literally……..the Leafs are in big dodo and they will be spending quality assets to get out of it...……...

Otherwise they loose quality assets...………...so something will happen, and it won't be for pennies. 

If you think you know how it works out...……….you should tell us, since you know so much! How do they sign all their assets and stay under the cap?

My bet is you will stay silent on this, and won't answer...……..which is typical of a No bird

yep snowball chance in  hell toronto is gonna trade kappen and marleau for a 5 th    yep literally that isn't gonna happen   yep Toronto is in deep crap yep they may have to trade mariner , flamingo (nylander) kadri    kappen get rid of marleau    , I really don't care about Toronto  , im glad they are in this big problem   but one thing I know  they are not gonna give up all that for 5 th    ,      so you happy now     you lost your  bet      and I just say no to video game type of proposal    

Edited by the grinder

1 hour ago, the grinder said:

yep snowball chance in  hell toronto is gonna trade kappen and marleau for a 5 th    yep literally that isn't gonna happen   yep Toronto is in deep crap yep they may have to trade mariner , flamingo (nylander) kadri    kappen get rid of marleau    , I really don't care about Toronto  , im glad they are in this big problem   but one thing I know  they are not gonna give up all that for 5 th    ,      so you happy now     you lost your  bet      and I just say no to video game type of proposal    

Here is the rub...…...

You don't say how they are  going to fix their problem, yet somehow you know it is not my way...……...

What is your suggestion then?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Here is the rub...…...

You don't say how they are  going to fix their problem, yet somehow you know it is not my way...……...

What is your suggestion then?

fix Torontos problem  ? what did not read my post   I listed torontos players that may get traded   what dubas does I could really care less   ,he got himself in cap hell  he shouldn't of sign john Tavares to a 11 million dollar contract  , lol not your way   that's life .you cant always get what you want 

4 minutes ago, the grinder said:

fix Torontos problem  ? what did not read my post   I listed torontos players that may get traded   what dubas does I could really care less   ,he got himself in cap hell  he shouldn't of sign john Tavares to a 11 million dollar contract  , lol not your way   that's life .you cant always get what you want 

You don't say how. You just say they have to...……….that is kinda stating the obvious, don't you think?

• Upvote 1

lol   how is don't sign Tavares  then there wouldn't be a problem right ?  iwhat you want me to do one of your video games trades  for you ?   trade Austin Mathews to Arizona  for a 2nd round pick   there ya go you happy now     that about as realistic  as your proposals 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I want anyone to explain how Marleau, Kapenen doesn't help us?         Short term and long term         For free!

:picard:

Man, CDC, says no to this, but Toronto sends a 1st out...……...imagine if Carolina would not have taken that deal

Just wait until next draft when Carolina walks up and takes Toronto's 11th OA pick....in a deep draft!

CDC is going to say.....damn! 

• Cheers 1

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

:picard:

Man, CDC, says no to this, but Toronto sends a 1st out...……...imagine if Carolina would not have taken that deal

Just wait until next draft when Carolina walks up and takes Toronto's 11th OA pick....in a deep draft!

CDC is going to say.....damn! 

Just trolls.

Lot's of deals today

Marleau and a first? Brilliant for TO, now that is a GREAT trade for TO, freeing up space for them to re-sign Kapenen AND Marner. They do get the players.:lol:

Just a jab in return

Well manager are getting wet now, a couple of really big splashes.

Who would have thought that Carolina would buy or could afford to buy a 1rst overall although it is a 2020 first round pick and they will be worth two firsts of this round, next year is DEEEEEP, there is the consensus #1 with 2/3 others close but the next 30 may be close to 3 to 10 this year.

Subban, Nashville gets cap relief multiple picks AND prospects, definitely worthy of a wet T=shirt award.