The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] David Backes, Luke Schenn

7 minutes ago, Tower102 said:

Ok so it sounds like we are done hashing out Boeser. I am not concerned with him in real life, just had the issue with him at Center on a fourth line.

For Eriksson, can you clarify that for next game you would like him removed from the lineup in favour of an AHL callup? If so, why would you change a winning formula? 

I understand that if we cool off then feel free to pull him and try other things. My main issue is that this is the best hockey the team has been playing in a VERY long time. 13 wins in 16 games is unreal. Lets run this winning streak as long as we can with what we are doing then when we inevitably cool off start talking about making changes.

PS. I assume the callups are for Motte...looked like a bad hit. Probably will see one on the fourth line. 

To replace Eriksson i would put MacEwan on the Horvat Pearson line for Saturday vs Islanders, And on Sunday I would put Bailey in.

i don’t beleive that Eriksson is part of that winning formula..  I beleive both Pearson and Horvat have upped their game and both are playing high end right now.. 

Bailey and Mac have both been playing very well in Utica and deserve NHL time.

This is the biggest beef I have with Eriksson. he is only just average at best after 3.5 years, and is stalling the progression of a true farm system that rotates players into an NHL lineup for development.

i beleive MacEwan should be getting a min of 15 games played this season in the bigs.. I think that is fair for assessment.

i beleive Schaller will replace Motte regardless..  and Schaller is as good for better than Eriksson on the PK.

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

To replace Eriksson i would put MacEwan on the Horvat Pearson line for Saturday vs Islanders, And on Sunday I would put Bailey in.

i don’t beleive that Eriksson is part of that winning formula..  I beleive both Pearson and Horvat have upped their game and both are playing high end right now.. 

Bailey and Mac have both been playing very well in Utica and deserve NHL time.

This is the biggest beef I have with Eriksson. he is only just average at best after 3.5 years, and is stalling the progression of a true farm system that rotates players into an NHL lineup for development.

i beleive MacEwan should be getting a min of 15 games played this season in the bigs.. I think that is fair for assessment.

i beleive Schaller will replace Motte regardless..  and Schaller is as good for better than Eriksson on the PK.

I guess we just have to disagree then. I can't fathom that you would change out a lineup that is winning so much but I guess I can be happy Green is coach not you.

I also trust Horvat and Pearson and what they say about playing with Eriksson rather then just go with stats or fans observations.

On another note, I want to thank you for the civil discourse on this matter. I enjoy hashing out thoughts and like when we can come to a point where we both just have to say we disagree and it has not become personal at any point. Whatever happens with the lineup, Go Canucks!

• Cheers 1