The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion]What if Benning trades

Lazurus

I like the way you are upsetting the party line. I have always thought that Benning was way over rated. His drafting has sometimes been questionable and UFA signings somewhat a joke at times. He seems to always be a step behind. Cant make the big deal. But of late the team is coming around despite JB's poor free agent signings. Despite that

Jim is doing a bit better at managing his team. Green on the other hand needs to start playing his young D that are coming up. He is too fond of his vets.

Miller trade A+

Eriksson UFA signing C- BAD

Roussel UFA signing C-  (Not a power forward just a 4th line instigator to high of cap for what he brings )

Beagle UFA signing A ( Great at every thing he does cap is a little high for a 4th line center. )

Sutter trade C ( didn't live up to expectations )

Pearson trade B+ (Great acquisition )

Myers UFA signing  B+ ( Liked it size and a little grit that can skate)

Motte trade B (Not the biggest but all heart)

Ferland UFA signing D ( No one did their homework on his health wasted cap )

Drafting  Jim has hit it big and had some swings and misses. Virtanen and Juolevi  come to mind on the misses but time will tell. But of late home runs at the draft table I would say  Hughes saved his job. 

Lots of changes this year in the next month. Cant wait.

• Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

I like the way you are upsetting the party line. I have always thought that Benning was way over rated. His drafting has sometimes been questionable and UFA signings somewhat a joke at times. He seems to always be a step behind. Cant make the big deal. But of late the team is coming around despite JB's poor free agent signings. Despite that

Jim is doing a bit better at managing his team. Green on the other hand needs to start playing his young D that are coming up. He is too fond of his vets

Just trying to think with my head and not my heart.

Miller trade A+ - so far he exceeds expectations for the NOW but in 3 or 4 years when Pettersson and Hughes are hitting their prime, ?

Eriksson UFA signing C- BAD - C is way over rating this, EEE for team expectations and that contract

Roussel UFA signing C-  (Not a power forward just a 4th line instigator to high of cap for what he brings ) okay, but still way over paid and the contract is another E

Beagle UFA signing A ( Great at every thing he does cap is a little high for a 4th line center. ) okay, but still way over paid and the contract is another E

Sutter trade C ( didn't live up to expectations ) D for the contract with clause and D for evaluation because he has lived up to everything he did in Pittsburgh

Pearson trade B+ (Great acquisition ) Considering he cost the team McCann, a 2nd, a 4th and Gudbranson and he is fairly vanilla, Virtanen is better already is some areas

Myers UFA signing  B+ ( Liked it size and a little grit that can skate) I like this one, as noted in the playin round Hughes and Stecher were rag dolled in their own zone

Motte trade B (Not the biggest but all heart) Another really good deal actually for a 3rd/4th liner

Ferland UFA signing D ( No one did their homework on his health wasted cap ) EEEEEE - it was public knowledge

Drafting  Jim has hit it big and had some swings and misses. Virtanen and Juolevi  come to mind on the misses but time will tell. But of late home runs at the draft table I would say  Hughes saved his job. Agreed, Hughes falling to #10 saved his job, but other than that where are the others? 7 drafts and 4 players is not really good drafting, it is far behind 90% of the NHL

Lots of changes this year in the next month. Cant wait.

Well not waiting much longer but if the team is going to improve Benning will have to do something he has never done, make lots of trades and win every one of them AND GET UNDER THE CAP.

IMO Pearson if the guy that should be being shopped around not Virtanen. Jake will come with a cap friendly deal and his numbers are almost the same with Virtanen being ahead in many areas.

On 9/9/2020 at 12:59 PM, Lazurus said:

New cap ceiling, internal - 75 mil due to no fans and low Canadian dollar, bonuses to be paid out and cap recapture

So he trades Pettersson with Eriksson, Sutter, Beagle and Rousell. just to get rid of bad salaries and cap hits. Bad idea eh?

okay, Just to get rid of the bad contracts.

Jake and Eriksson

Gaudette and Beagle

Motte and Sutter

MacEwen and Rousell

Better?

He trades Demko under the premise of getting a draft pick back, a pick he traded to begin with and then Markstrom gets hurt again but there is no money because he spent all he had

He moves Tryamkin for a bag of pucks and Tryamkin is snapped up by Boston, a team that wants him already and are exceptionally good at the draft and player evaluation

He is going to have to trade Boeser because of his commitment to pay over 8 mil in a cap strapped world

If he is still here.

The game is all about winning now, not filling the arena. Now the team is a performance based group and it ain't been so good.

Jackass.gif

18 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Would JB trade anyone on the team if the price were right? 

Probably. Anybody would trade anybody. 

Some playera would require serious overpayment though. Teams would figuratively have to gut themselves in front of us and give us their most vital organs for guys like Petey/Hughes. 

Edited by Junkyard Dog