The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Nikita Kucherov out for the season

Rate this topic

On 12/23/2020 at 5:02 PM, Coconuts said:

This fixes Tampa's cap problem temporarily, but it's still a tough loss. I'm all for pointing out things that seem suspicious, but I can't see Kucherov willingly missing a season if he doesn't absolutely have to. He's arguably Tampa's best player too, they've got the depth to be fine but that's still a big hit. 

TO used to have a similar bevy of riches upfront (not anymore), nobody else comes close with Stamkos, Kucherov and Point plus 4/5 guys at a similar range as JT Miller.   Plus there defense and goaltending.   They won a cup without Stamkos.   Sure they are the favourites again without Kucherov (who’s recovery time is surprise surprise- after the TDL so no cap penalties when he comes back ...).    I agree they’d probably rather have him in the lineup ... but even without both Stamkos and Kucherov they won’t have any issues making the playoffs.   

22 minutes ago, IBatch said:

TO used to have a similar bevy of riches upfront (not anymore), nobody else comes close with Stamkos, Kucherov and Point plus 4/5 guys at a similar range as JT Miller.   Plus there defense and goaltending.   They won a cup without Stamkos.   Sure they are the favourites again without Kucherov (who’s recovery time is surprise surprise- after the TDL so no cap penalties when he comes back ...).    I agree they’d probably rather have him in the lineup ... but even without both Stamkos and Kucherov they won’t have any issues making the playoffs.   

Agreed, they were the most stacked team last season imo and they very well could be again. Having Stamkos actually stay healthy for a season could help mitigate the loss of Kuch, though I think Stammer's point production topped out alongside St. Louis. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Agreed, they were the most stacked team last season imo and they very well could be again. Having Stamkos actually stay healthy for a season could help mitigate the loss of Kuch, though I think Stammer's point production topped out alongside St. Louis. 

Too bad Stamkos broke his leg (first big injury 2014)....he was the only guy in the league who really could challenge Ovi for this generations best scorer.   Still 422 goals in 802 games is very impressive.   17th all-time.    What’s more impressive is by position - aside from Mario and Wayne and Lafontaine  it’s not a common thing to see them score that frequently.    4th all-time.     Yes Kucherov is probably better then he is right now - but he’s still a force, and one of the better C’s the game has had since he laced them up.   

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Too bad Stamkos broke his leg (first big injury 2014)....he was the only guy in the league who really could challenge Ovi for this generations best scorer.   Still 422 goals in 802 games is very impressive.   17th all-time.    What’s more impressive is by position - aside from Mario and Wayne and Lafontaine  it’s not a common thing to see them score that frequently.    4th all-time.     Yes Kucherov is probably better then he is right now - but he’s still a force, and one of the better C’s the game has had since he laced them up.   

For real though, you've gotta wonder how he'd have carried on without his injury troubles. He was one of the very top end players in the league for a good stretch, though that's not to say he's still not high end as he absolutely is. And yeah, he was right there with Ovi for a while which in itself says an awful lot. And yeah, when you consider position what he's done is incredibly impressive and he's not even done yet. Surefire hall of famer.