The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What’s your favourite Canucks hockey card?

Rate this topic

Dumb Nuck

Got to reminiscing about the good old days and back in the 90’s I owned a sports card store and got to thinking about my favourite Canucks card (Upper Deck, 2nd year, 91/92 #54) so below it is but with that, post a picture of yours.

E35B1497-6191-44E1-9D1A-844CBE472730.jpeg

89F035F3-7FFC-4DA0-902F-41D408C75451.jpeg

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Cheers 2

Man, I've too many to post.  Since last March I've endeavored to get a card (as a Canuck) for every player that has played a game in a Canuck jersey.  I'm up to 400 (plus 32 still in the mail).  As far as I can tell, there are 446 players who have a standard size (or smaller) card, sticker, or stamp.

I do love that Bure rollerblade card (that's the one I have in my binder).  Growing up, my favourite set was 84-85 OPC.  Just really like the design, and have memories of playing go fish and sorting these ones.  A couple in the binder that I particularly like:

1984-85-O-Pee-Chee-John-Garrett-317

Cam-Neely-Boston-Bruins-84-85-O-Pee-Chee-OPC-327-RC

Sadly, my Neely is totally not mint...4 year-old me wrote my name on the back of it :(

But yeah, I've got many favourites.  I have a Gary Smith I really like.  I'm getting in the mail an Andrey Pedan that is limited to a print run of 29 (that was his only card in a Canuck jersey).  I've had a lot of fun researching and obtaining many of these cards over the last year or so.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Man, I've too many to post.  Since last March I've endeavored to get a card (as a Canuck) for every player that has played a game in a Canuck jersey.  I'm up to 400 (plus 32 still in the mail).  As far as I can tell, there are 446 players who have a standard size (or smaller) card, sticker, or stamp.

I do love that Bure rollerblade card (that's the one I have in my binder).  Growing up, my favourite set was 84-85 OPC.  Just really like the design, and have memories of playing go fish and sorting these ones.  A couple in the binder that I particularly like:

1984-85-O-Pee-Chee-John-Garrett-317

Cam-Neely-Boston-Bruins-84-85-O-Pee-Chee-OPC-327-RC

Sadly, my Neely is totally not mint...4 year-old me wrote my name on the back of it :(

But yeah, I've got many favourites.  I have a Gary Smith I really like.  I'm getting in the mail an Andrey Pedan that is limited to a print run of 29 (that was his only card in a Canuck jersey).  I've had a lot of fun researching and obtaining many of these cards over the last year or so.

I thought about doing that, just never got started, that’s a cool collection.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I thought about doing that, just never got started, that’s a cool collection.

It has been a lot of fun and, for me, a good way to stay collecting cards without buying packs and packs of stuff.  I've been posting the pages as they've been coming together here:  https://forum.canucks.com/topic/389245-trading-card-thread/page/9/

If you are looking at doing it, I can't recommend sportlots.com enough.  Most common cards sell for 18 cents and if you coordinate orders with few sellers you don't pay too much for shipping.  I got a lot of the late 90s to current cards from there (doing filtered searches on comc.com or the Beckett site are good ways to see which cards are actually Canuck cards).  I already had a lot of the mid 80s to early 90s Canucks from my childhood collection, and then got a lot of the 70s era cards for a reasonable price from Wiser's Collectables in Langley.

• Cheers 1