The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks Trade Tiers

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

Let's re-up Hamonic again for another year at 1.25 - 1.5 million. He's been solid since he worked the rust out of his game.

I agree with the 100% and sounds like a dude that wants to stay. As far as a buyout on LE is concerned I’m not sure that will happen but regardless I’m stoked we are nearing the end. That contract has been pain. Without that one I’d argue there would be less Benning haters. That would have been enough to play with and do a few things then last couple years.

Id put out a toast to the end the LE era

• Cheers 1

I would happily see them retain 50% of Baertschi's salary hit, to give him a chance to go somewhere and have a shot at proving he belongs in the NHL. He's expiring at the end of this season anyway.

To Any team: Baertschi at 50% retained

To Vancouver, 7th round pick or Future Consideration

• Like 1

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

I can't claim that I've seen a lot of his game (other than a few highlights), but his stats from last year indicate that he is a physical player that has a high scoring upside.  Last year he was 20 yrs old and had a lot more points than Reid Boucher at the same age (who we all know had the scoring magic, but couldn't play the rest of the game).

So...we may end up with; a physical C, plays the complete game, has offensive upside. Scouting reports indicate that Kole is fast skater with good edge work and a heavy shot.  His projection in many reports was 2nd RW.

I think it will take him some time to evolve into an NHL 3C (if ever), but he with his skillset and size, he will likely fit somewhere in the linup in the near future.

Too bad he's developing his game during the Covid years.  He's had a great start this year, but I wonder how many games his team will see over the season.

I'm just going off the reports of playing him as a C this year. Covid might have given him a chance to do that, which he may never have had either. If it worked out that would be a real coup for us.