The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Chandler Stephenson suspended 3 games

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

There was nothing dirty about what happened with Pettersson. Don’t believe me? Ask Pettersson 

Canucks’ Elias Pettersson says Kotkaniemi play ‘wasn’t a dirty play’

Sportsnet StaffJanuary 4, 2019, 6:54 PM

Vancouver Canucks rookie sensation Elias Pettersson says the awkward collision between him and Jesperi Kotkaniemi was an honest accident and that there was no malicious intent behind the way the Montreal Canadiens forward hauled him down.

“He hooked my leg a little bit – I was going to reverse him or stop him – and it was an accident,” Pettersson told Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos as part of a wider-ranging one-on-one interview. “We gottangled up, we both fell down and I got in an awkward position. It wasn’t a dirty play or anything. He apologized afterwards, which shows good sportsmanship from him. So it was really just unlucky for me and it’s nothing too serious.””

or ask Travis Green 

Or you can ask Sutter 

4 hours ago, knucklehead91 said:

You’re right, it wasnt an elbow, he did run someone in the numbers and what he did to Pettersson is something that still pisses me off. I dont like Kotkaniemi.

in bold.

I know his intention wasnt to hurt pettersson, but he sure as hell intended to get under his skin.

i just hate kotkaniemi, he has such a punchable face. 

• Like 1