The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Travel Restrictions

drummer4now

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

My daughter's a RN. Early in the pandemic I asked where the danger was, she said the airports.

I agree the airports are where were getting the majority of virus influx.

It's still the airports.

Unless they shut international travel / air travel, it's not going to get any better here.

I'm just going to wind up taking logging roads on my motorcycle to get wherever I want to go - unless they shut the airports. That's my line in the sand. I've played along all the way until now with the restrictions, but if they want to play 'restricted movement' for me while letting hundreds of infected people in from anywhere overseas with "variants of concern", I've got something the politicians can kiss.

50% measures across the board, when 70% is the passing grade.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

The so called 'Covid Liberterians' are misunderstanding when they say it is the individuals choice and responsibility whether he gets sick or not... and claim they can deal with it.

The fact is, when someone gets sick with Covid they go to hospital and clog up the regular wards and intensive care wards.

Which means everyone else who is sick with other diseases or who have been injured in accidents can't be cared for.

Covid destroys the health care system by flooding it.

What are you going to do... put up guards at the hospital entrances and say anyone with Covid can't get in and should lay down and die on the sidewalk?

When push comes to shove, those who get sick with Covid want their care too.

That's why they are so selfish when they refuse to wear masks and social distance.

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 2

9 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The so called 'Covid Liberterians' are misunderstanding when they say it is the individuals choice and responsibility whether he gets sick or not... and claim they can deal with it.

The fact is, when someone gets sick with Covid they go to hospital and clog up the regular wards and intensive care wards.

Which means everyone else who is sick with other diseases or who have been injured in accidents can't be cared for.

Covid destroys the health care system by flooding it.

What are you going to do... put up guards at the hospital entrances and say anyone with Covid can't get in and should lay down and die on the sidewalk?

When push comes to shove, those who get sick with Covid want their care too.

That's why they are so selfish when they refuse to wear masks and social distance.

thats why I like the idea of passports. If you won't get vaccinated or wear masks, ok. But then don't go to the grocery store, or to the hospital or any other place that requires you to be vaccinated. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats why I like the idea of passports. If you won't get vaccinated or wear masks, ok. But then don't go to the grocery store, or to the hospital or any other place that requires you to be vaccinated. 

That would be pushing it... 

I think they should only be used for non-essentials things like travel, bars, etc... 

You can still go to the grocery store, hospital etc.. but wear a mask

23 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

That would be pushing it... 

I think they should only be used for non-essentials things like travel, bars, etc... 

You can still go to the grocery store, hospital etc.. but wear a mask

as long as you wear it properly, sure. But you shouldn't have the right to go where you want to if you're not willing to do what you can to help stop the spread.

I really like the passport idea, its fair to everyone.