The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022 NHL Entry Draft

Where the Canucks have been lucky in recent years when they draft in the 1st round the Coyotes are miserable. There drafting is horrendous.  You picked 3rd and even though I like Cooley as a player he’s not better that Wright.  There 2nd pick 11th was Geekie.  :picard: at #11.  The Canucks thank you.  There 3rd pick in the 1st round was Maveric Lamoureux. :picard: :picard: :picard:  Projected to go in the 3rd round.   

it doesn’t matter if you accumulate 12 picks, you’ll never go anywhere if you draft like this.  Thanks for Hughes and thanks for Lekkerimaki ::D

Edited by Pure961089

Seattle getting Wright pisses me off. Wright had a higher PPG than McDavid, Spezza, and just slightly lower than Tavares in his U16 year and had the 2nd most goals in OHL history in his U17 year (for a U17 player).

If it weren’t for Covid, he would have been a clear first pick. The fact that all rankings had him at #1…

I think Montreal and Arizona made a huge mistake passing him. Even New Jersey, selecting for need rather than BPA. Now we have to see this Tavares lite kid 4-5 times a year for the next 10 years.

Edited by Odd.

2 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Seattle getting Wright pisses me off. Wright had a higher PPG than McDavid, Spezza, and just slightly lower than Tavares in his U16 year and had the 2nd most goals in OHL history in his U17 year. 

If it weren’t for Covid, he would have been a clear first pick. The fact that all rankings had him at #1…

I think Montreal and Arizona made a huge mistake passing him. Even New Jersey, selecting for need rather than BPA. Now we have to see this Tavares lite kid 4-5 times a year for the next 10 years.

Meh Tavares never really moved the needle for me as a prospect or a player. I view him as an average 1st overall at best. 

I'm still more upset seeing McDavid all the time.

Edited by 73 Percent

9 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Meh Tavares never really moved the needle for me as a prospect or a player. I view him as an average 1st overall at best. 

I'm still more upset seeing McDavid all the time.

No question Tavares is still one of the best two-way centerman the past decade. Only 105 points away from 1000pts and he’s only turning 32 in September, with at least another 5-8 years in him. Potential HOF. Hasn’t even played 1000 games yet.

Come playoffs, I’d be more concerned about playing a Tavares than a McDavid. A team that scores 14 goals in 4 games but gets swept in the process is nothing to be of concern. 

Obviously Wright hasn’t even played a game yet, but the potential for him to be a complete two way player and a team in our division getting a player like that is quite unfortunate. 

Edited by Odd.

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

No question Tavares is still one of the best two-way centerman the past decade. Only 105 points away from 1000pts and he’s only turning 32 in September, with at least another 5-8 years in him. Potential HOF. Hasn’t even played 1000 games yet.

Come playoffs, I’d be more concerned about playing a Tavares than a McDavid. A team that scores 14 goals in 4 games but gets swept in the process is nothing to be of concern. 

Obviously Wright hasn’t even played a game yet, but the potential for him to be a complete two way player and a team in our division getting a player like that is quite unfortunate. 

How many playoff series has Tavares won?

McDavid?

Case rested.

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

How many playoff series has Tavares won?

McDavid?

Case rested.

More than our whole team for the last 10 years.

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Better check those numbers again bud.

We’ve won literally 1.5 playoff series the last 10 years. What do you mean? 

Tavares and McDavid have more series wins individually than us as an organization in that span.

Edited by Odd.

4 minutes ago, Odd. said:

We’ve won literally 1.5 playoff series the last 10 years. What do you mean? 

Tavares and McDavid have more series wins individually than us as an organization.

Bro.

Tavares.

1 series win.

One.

He's slow and overrated can't keep up with the new NHL on a bloated long term contract.

The islanders have won 5 since he's left lol.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Lol what?? I'm sorry but this take is just horrible. Did you not watch what McDavid did in the playoffs? What has Tavares ever done again?

Swap Mcdavid and Tavares and Toronto most likely wins the cup this year even with their terrible goaltending and defence. Tavares on Edmonton? They don't even make the playoffs...

Also, when has Tavares ever been called one of the best two-way players?

Just now, 73 Percent said:

Bro.

Tavares.

1 series win.

One.

Okay. No better than us the last 10 years. 

Still doesn’t take anything away from him, Tavares has been one of the best, most consistent players in the NHL. 

1 minute ago, Ur a Towel said:

Lol what?? I'm sorry but this take is just horrible. Did you not watch what McDavid did in the playoffs? What has Tavares ever done again?

Swap Mcdavid and Tavares and Toronto most likely wins the cup this year even with their terrible goaltending and defence. Tavares on Edmonton? They don't even make the playoffs...

Your joking with that last statement right

1 minute ago, Odd. said:

Okay. No better than us the last 10 years. 

Still doesn’t take anything away from him, Tavares has been one of the best, most consistent players in the NHL. 

I don't necessarily agree with it but I'll accept your opinion here.

5 minutes ago, Ur a Towel said:

Yes I saw McDavid pout, whine, cry and score while getting his ass swept. $&!#y leader and terrible defensively. 

Player for player McDavid is better, on a well rounded team give me Prime Tavares and he’ll keep pucks from ending up in our net.

Imagine scoring to negate defensive defiencies rather than scoring consistently while also helping to not have pucks behind your own net

3 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Your joking with that last statement right

No, I'm being completely serious. Do you honestly put him in the same sentence as Ryan O'Reilly, Bergeron, Kopitar, Barkov, Crosby, Couturier, Toews and Lindholm among other for more recently? These are just off the top of my head. There are of course a ton more that are WAY better defensively that would go in the "two-way" category, but with nowhere near the offense output so I didn't bother adding them. Hell even on his own team, I'd say Matthews is more of and a better "two-way" centerman than Tavares.

I guess it goes by what you define as "one of the best". He's had one 8th place Selke placing which was 6 seasons ago now, never again finishing above 19th.

He's a good offensive player though, that much isn't really debatable. I just wouldn't put him in the same category as those listed for two-way play with good/elite offense.

very quiet opening day of the draft for the Canucks, let's hope we can snag a 2nd round pick or something today. Hopefully the managements patience will pay off when it comes to JT Miller with them either signing him to hopefully not a boat anchor contract or them holding out for the right offer.

Hated seeing a team help the Laffs clear cap space!