The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrik Laine is struggling. What do we give up for him ?

On 11/27/2021 at 6:36 PM, MaxVerstappen33 said:

He was #2 pick in 2016. Got 44 goals in 2018. I have no idea what he's worth. He's on a one year contract. But someone will trade for his rights and sign him

Horvat, Rathbone and a conditional 1st ?

Boeser, ________ and a conditional 2022 1st ?

No low balling. Nothing that you wouldn't post on CBJ's HF forum with a straight face. Maybe we could hash out an offer and submit it to their forum. See what the reaction is..::D

Good idea Max. I think the upside in Laines game of dominant size, shooting power, attitude (in a good way; game swagger), and skill, would fit well in our core. Plus we have a fellow Finnish forward in Lammikko for Laine to play FortNite with :bigblush:. Due to Laines inconsistency of late and his need to fully prove himself. I think even Horvat straight across would not be appropriate. That being said I respect how much you value Laine. He is truly a beast when focused. 6’4, 215 Lbs, can be physically engaged and gritty, underrated two-way “pick-pocketer”, as powerful a wrist shot as some players slap shot, silky hands, and pretty good speed for a big man. I think a similar inconsistent sniper in Boeser is a good trade. I think we add. I’d say…

Canucks: Laine

Blue Jackets: Boeser

Hamonic

3rd 2024

Edited by ZH96

On 11/27/2021 at 6:42 PM, I.Am.Ironman said:

At this point, I wouldn't offer more than Boeser straight across for a 1:1 swap. Both are struggling, both used to be dangerous snipers, both are up for a new contract, neither are earning their current contract. Even then I'm not sure I do it given the risk of disrupting the room (lol given current affairs). It seems like a lateral move at best. All speculation, but I also imagine that Boeser is probably more 'locker room friendly'. He has a good head on his shoulders which, to me, adds value.

Disagree.  Laine can still play and is still a dangerous force when he's on.  He's missed half the season with injuries so far, but had 10 points in 9 games.  Put Laine in a system where the coach gives Laine some leeway to play to his strengths, and he'll be a force to be reckoned with.  Laine, under an elite head coach, would absolutely thrive.  

50+ years of not a lot of excitement and poor management over the years on the Canucks

My personal highlights

70's

in 74 they had their 1st winning season

1 division Title

80's

1 Canucks Stanley Cup final

Taking Calgary to game 7 (seeing them win the cup and thinking what if)

90's

Quinn making big trade

Bure

2 Division Titles

1 Stanley Cup final

Bure, Mogilny, Messier, Linden and the hope (till they stepped on the ice, like this years team)

Burke surprise at the draft for moving up and getting Sedins

2000's

West Coast Express

5 Division Titles

2 President Trophies

3 Divisional Titles

1 Stanley Cup Final

Team and players taking all NHL awards

2018 Pettersson looked like a game breaker

In the  ALL TIME  History of the NHL of active teams the Canucks entire winning % sits 3rd from the bottom  with only the Coyotes and Kraken just behind us.

Before Seattle entered the league we were the 2nd worse winning NHL Team ever !,  It is silly for any Canuck fan to state 'at least we aren't the ?" (what Coyotes) ?

The past is the past and I want to look forward to good times 

It has been so bad for so long, that usually enduring so many losing seasons you have reason for hope, but now the rug has been pulled from under our feet and with no one saying we can fix this