The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrik Laine is struggling. What do we give up for him ?

He was #2 pick in 2016. Got 44 goals in 2018. I have no idea what he's worth. He's on a one year contract. But someone will trade for his rights and sign him

Horvat, Rathbone and a conditional 1st ?

Boeser, ________ and a conditional 2022 1st ?

No low balling. Nothing that you wouldn't post on CBJ's HF forum with a straight face. Maybe we could hash out an offer and submit it to their forum. See what the reaction is..::D

Edited by MaxVerstappen33
  • Haha 1

At this point, I wouldn't offer more than Boeser straight across for a 1:1 swap. Both are struggling, both used to be dangerous snipers, both are up for a new contract, neither are earning their current contract. Even then I'm not sure I do it given the risk of disrupting the room (lol given current affairs). It seems like a lateral move at best. All speculation, but I also imagine that Boeser is probably more 'locker room friendly'. He has a good head on his shoulders which, to me, adds value.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

He was #2 pick in 2016. Got 44 goals in 2018. I have no idea what he's worth.

Horvat, Rathbone and a conditional 1st ?

Boeser, ________ and a conditional 2022 1st ?

No low balling. Nothing that you wouldn't post on CBJ's HF forum with a straight face. Maybe we could hash out an offer and submit it to their forum. See what the reaction is..::D

JT Miller straight up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

At this point, I wouldn't offer more than Boeser straight across for a 1:1 swap. Both are struggling, both used to be dangerous snipers, both are up for a new contract, neither are earning their current contract. Even then I'm not sure I do it given the risk of disrupting the room (lol given current affairs). It seems like a lateral move at best. All speculation, but I also imagine that Boeser is probably more 'locker room friendly'. He has a good head on his shoulders which, to me, adds value.

You know that's a ridiculous low ball right ? Imagine we got the #2 over all pick in 2016 and he scored 30 goals for 4 seasons. We'd ask for the moon.

31 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

You know that's a ridiculous low ball right ? Imagine we got the #2 over all pick in 2016 and he scored 30 goals for 4 seasons. We'd ask for the moon.

In the old days we'd start out asking for the moon, but would probably retain some salary and add our 2nd pick , to  get a prospect   and a 3rd round :rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Statistically it's probably a low ball but I don't know about ridiculous. I gave my reasons. Laine's reported attitude problems, if true, lower his value. I would add a small sweetener to Boeser but nothing more.

And let's not pretend Laine is producing at the rate he was in his first few seasons. He scored 12 goals last year (22ish goal pace/82). Boeser has scored near 30g pace his first few years but without the reported attitude problems. I will also speculate that there seems to be more loyalty in Boeser than there is in Laine.

Today that's what I'd be willing to give up. If Laine scores 40 this year and Boeser scores 20 then obviously the conversation changes.

Edited by I.Am.Ironman

6 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Statistically it's probably a low ball but I don't know about ridiculous. I gave my reasons. Laine's reported attitude problems, if true, lower his value. I would add a small sweetener to Boeser but nothing more.

And let's not pretend Laine is producing at the rate he was in his first few seasons. He scored 12 goals last year (22ish goal pace/82). Boeser has scored near 30g pace his first few years but without the reported attitude problems. I will also speculate that there seems to be more loyalty in Boeser than there is in Laine.

Today that's what I'd be willing to give up. If Laine scores 40 this year and Boeser scores 20 then obviously the conversation changes.

Ok but what do you expect that CBJ fans would want ?

I bet they would expect either of Boeser or Miller and our 1st round pick.