The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van/Det, Van/NJD

WCE

To Det Boeser & Motte

To Van Rasmussen, Newpower & 2nd rd, and 2 4th rd 2021

To NJ Garland, Hoglander, Highmore 

To Van Sharangovich, Zacha & Bahl

We add size and are tougher to play against. The only players that would be under 6ft Hughes, Hunt & Halak. I might consider try getting a better backup

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, WCE said:

To Det Boeser & Motte

We add size and are tougher to play against. The only players that would be under 6ft Hughes, Hunt & Halak. I might consider try getting a better backup

Rasmussen 23, 6'6 , 4th liner has never scored more then 8 goals --  Newpower 24, 6'2 D-- AHL ---- 2nd rounder 

Never trade Boeser and Motte for this? Serious Boeser is a 25-30 goal scorer - 56--65 points

Motte and Poolman - Rasmussen---- Newpower, 24 is AHL player now...

NJ trade moving small Canuck players size, point totals are similar...

Not sure how fast NJ players are....

Maybe Garland 26, 5'9  --NJ---- Zacha, 25, 6'3 --- point totals similar....

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, WCE said:

To Det Boeser & Motte

None of those small guys play small though. It feels like you’re taking a lot of risk trading for players with little potential just to get some size.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

To be fair, Rasmussen was the #9 pick in 2017 so it's not like he doesn't have potential, plus he looks to be improving in his two-way game (near-50% on faceoffs, also taking more minutes, hitting and putting up points).  Newpower and the rest (admittedly I don't know who he is) seems more like plays just to add size, probably with the expectation that he's the next Erik Cernak (don't get me wrong, his AHL stats look decent).  

For the Jersey trade, it can be perceived as lateral (Sharangovich and Zacha are both top-6 caliber power wingers with size), though Bahl is a bit of a project.  if the Devils do it I'm down, but I'm not sold that they would for Garland and Hoglander.