The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-2023 Season Ticket Thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

23 hours ago, Tanti9 said:

The sad thing is didn’t they have a ST holder meeting when JB, Linden took over? To set out a plan…. and here we are back in the same spot 

100% it was called the summer summit and it was ONLY when TL was the president of hockey operations and the spokesperson that was that line of communication between the STH’s and the FO. Since Linden left in 2018 we have not had one. Imagine having five years of not having a proper gateway/gathering of sharing what the blueprint is. I’m sure many STH’s have questions to ask management & ownership as to what the hell are we doing? Other then desperately trying to make the playoffs, but not good enough to contend. It’s a sick and twisted marathon of Groundhog Day. 

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 11:22 AM, EP Phone Home said:

100% it was called the summer summit and it was ONLY when TL was the president of hockey operations and the spokesperson that was that line of communication between the STH’s and the FO. Since Linden left in 2018 we have not had one. Imagine having five years of not having a proper gateway/gathering of sharing what the blueprint is. I’m sure many STH’s have questions to ask management & ownership as to what the hell are we doing? Other then desperately trying to make the playoffs, but not good enough to contend. It’s a sick and twisted marathon of Groundhog Day. 

I remember Trevor Linden getting up and answering everyone's questions with true honesty and empathy. He really cared. And people crapped on him for it. When he resigned people celebrated. I can't blame him for quitting from the organization. Linden's legacy will forever be tied to Jim Benning.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/18/2022 at 1:00 PM, WalkWithElias said:

I’m most likely not renewing either …. Team has no direction, if I wanna attend a game I’ll just buy on the secondary market the day of the game for way below cost

Honestly, I am starting to think this is exactly what the canucks want. Every action they take indicates this.

Season tickets were created before internet and before online sales. The only way to buy tickets last minute (same day) was at the box office downtown. So pre-selling a large majority of tickets was the way to go.

The Canucks want to take out the middleman.

Currently, you have:

Canucks > STH > Stubhub > Fan

They probably want it to simply be:

Canucks > Fan

Of course, they probably won't pass the savings along to the fan, they will take the middleman cut for themselves.

So yeah, I think they want people to give up ST's or at least they aren't going to be bothered trying to keep them. Plus STH's cost them money in the form of perks and customer reps and so forth. I wouldn't be surprised if some organizations start to get rid of season tickets entirely.

22 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Honestly, I am starting to think this is exactly what the canucks want. Every action they take indicates this.

Season tickets were created before internet and before online sales. The only way to buy tickets last minute (same day) was at the box office downtown. So pre-selling a large majority of tickets was the way to go.

Currently, you have:

Canucks > Fan

Of course, they probably won't pass the savings along to the fan, they will take the middleman cut for themselves.

So yeah, I think they want people to give up ST's or at least they aren't going to be bothered trying to keep them. Plus STH's cost them money in the form of perks and customer reps and so forth. I wouldn't be surprised if some organizations start to get rid of season tickets entirely.

I had not thought of this....  I wonder if you are onto something here.  It would certainly explain why they are not doing anything to retain STHs.   No perks, no customer reps... Hmmmm.  

I just read on another thread that there was an STH summit meeting last weekend?  I hadn't heard anything about it!  Who exactly was invited?  Sounds like I didn't miss much, but I still am a bit bothered not to have known anything about it.  I've been an STH for approx 20 years.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I just read on another thread that there was an STH summit meeting last weekend?  I hadn't heard anything about it!  Who exactly was invited?  Sounds like I didn't miss much, but I still am a bit bothered not to have known anything about it.  I've been an STH for approx 20 years.

It was one of the Canucks open practice benefit, where Alvin the chipmunk was suppose to appear but steamer took his place

• Cheers 2

30 minutes ago, WalkWithElias said:

It was one of the Canucks open practice benefit, where Alvin the chipmunk was suppose to appear but steamer took his place

Oh.... open practice.  I didn't realize there was also supposed to be an address by Alvind.  Which didn't even happen.  :huh:

Speaking of benefits, one that I chose was the road game viewing event at Sports Bar Live.  Anyone attend one of these?  Is it worth attending?  I don't enjoy watching Canucks games at all these days, is it any better at this event?

3 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

Oh.... open practice.  I didn't realize there was also supposed to be an address by Alvind.  Which didn't even happen.  :huh:

Speaking of benefits, one that I chose was the road game viewing event at Sports Bar Live.  Anyone attend one of these?  Is it worth attending?  I don't enjoy watching Canucks games at all these days, is it any better at this event?

I have many times They provide your dinner …: I have yet to get notified what benefit I got and when I ask they can’t give me a proper answer…. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2023 at 2:43 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

Currently, you have:

Canucks > Fan

Also the new annoyances of being a season "ticket" holder since physical tickets are no longer a thing. So to distribute the tickets I have to actually log onto to the site, send each ticket to my buddies, and then they have to accept them and put them in their "wallet".

Now, this I could get over, but then you have to use the damn app. First of all, it doesn't always work. I have had it crap out on the gate many times. But their is one thing that doesn't crap out on the app, and that's the pop up ad.

So you know what would be a nice perk for seasons ticket holders, even if actual tickets is off the table? How about an app that 

A)Works

B ) Doesn't have ads. No really, I don't need to know what I am missing out on facebook, no matter how excited the young lady in the ad is. Especially with the fake x on the one corner, than when you push it, sends you to another place that is definitely not my f**king ticket.

But best of all, I guess once I am in the app, I can see my tickets. But using my phone to forward tickets doesn't work half as good as the site.

This alone has made me consider dumping my tickets. People think tossing your jersey on the ice and getting a perma ban is a punishment. Some sort of punishment to save 10k a year to watch a crappy team when the ads aren't getting in the way. Better to just stay home and watch ads for free!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ronthecivil said:

People think tossing your jersey on the ice and getting a perma ban is a punishment. Some sort of punishment to save 10k a year to watch a crappy team when the ads aren't getting in the way. Better to just stay home and watch ads for free!

Yeah I am 95% sure I am not renewing this year... but I said that last year so I am not making any proclamations this time until the deed is done.