The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-2023 Season Ticket Thread

Rate this topic

WalkWithElias

I've always been curious what the most sought after season tickets are. Is it center ice non club? Row 1 center? I know there is no wait list per se so it's difficult to say, but wondering which sort of seats most seasoned ticket holders would want to switch to if they were to become available. I.e. approximately how many years as a seasoned ticket holder before say some tickets on the glass appear?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, piti said:

I've always been curious what the most sought after season tickets are. Is it center ice non club? Row 1 center? I know there is no wait list per se so it's difficult to say, but wondering which sort of seats most seasoned ticket holders would want to switch to if they were to become available. I.e. approximately how many years as a seasoned ticket holder before say some tickets on the glass appear?

I've always been in the upper bowl - second row seems to be the best bang for buck for me. View is almost as good as upper bowl first row but without the big price jump that row 1 has. I think rows 2 to 7 are the same price so you might as well get row 2. Now finally on the aisle after many years of waiting.

Thought about moving down to the lower bowl but didn't want to pay triple digits per ticket and it always seemed harder to me to get rid of tickets to recoup the cost if I couldn't go to a game. With upperbowl, I have always gotten at least 60% of my ticket cost, give or take.

Row 1 on the glass is a novelty and more for entertaining clients/friends but for watching a complete game your view will be obstructed when the puck goes into an area where you can't see. Best sections I would think in the lower bowl would be a few rows up, just enough to clear the glass from sight-lines, and center ice.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Scheme said:

I've always been in the upper bowl - second row seems to be the best bang for buck for me. View is almost as good as upper bowl first row but without the big price jump that row 1 has. I think rows 2 to 7 are the same price so you might as well get row 2. Now finally on the aisle after many years of waiting.

Thought about moving down to the lower bowl but didn't want to pay triple digits per ticket and it always seemed harder to me to get rid of tickets to recoup the cost if I couldn't go to a game. With upperbowl, I have always gotten at least 60% of my ticket cost, give or take.

Row 1 on the glass is a novelty and more for entertaining clients/friends but for watching a complete game your view will be obstructed when the puck goes into an area where you can't see. Best sections I would think in the lower bowl would be a few rows up, just enough to clear the glass from sight-lines, and center ice.

Agree with all this.  We are in upper bowl, gradually made our way to center ice, row 3.  The only move we would make at this point would be to row 2, but those are rare to come available, at least at center ice.  We could have moved to row 2 but further away from center, so after comparing the seats we stayed with what we have.  Prefer center over being one row down. 

We have sat in lower bowl with upgraded tickets a few times, but it's easier to see the whole ice from further up.  Sat in row 1 lower bowl once and agree it was fun for the one time.  The other thing I didn't like about the lower bowl was it is difficult to see the score board, you have to crane your neck.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Scheme said:

Thank you! I'll try the lower bowl at a few rows up this time! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

Agree with all this.  We are in upper bowl, gradually made our way to center ice, row 3.  The only move we would make at this point would be to row 2, but those are rare to come available, at least at center ice.  We could have moved to row 2 but further away from center, so after comparing the seats we stayed with what we have.  Prefer center over being one row down. 

We have sat in lower bowl with upgraded tickets a few times, but it's easier to see the whole ice from further up.  Sat in row 1 lower bowl once and agree it was fun for the one time.  The other thing I didn't like about the lower bowl was it is difficult to see the score board, you have to crane your neck.  

If someone has a few beers, can they fall off? What's the rail like? I've always gone lower bowl/club seats or Club 500. I can't sit in the 1st row in Club 500 as I'm worried I'll fall off haha 

If you attend a junior game and watch where the scouts sit, most prefer the corner becuase it allows you to see all of the boards around the arena. If you sit on one side you miss the play on the near side boards. Plus personalli I like to be opposit the benchs so I can see what's happening on the bench

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rypper_37 said:

If someone has a few beers, can they fall off? What's the rail like? I've always gone lower bowl/club seats or Club 500. I can't sit in the 1st row in Club 500 as I'm worried I'll fall off haha 

Is it true they provide complimentary parachutes for those people who can only afford to sit way-up in the outer heights of the roof area - all alone and cut-off the rest of Normal fans???

21 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Is it true they provide complimentary parachutes for those people who can only afford to sit way-up in the outer heights of the roof area - all alone and cut-off the rest of Normal fans???

Lol we don't get parachutes. Username checks out btw! 

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, piti said:

The cheap seats in the upper bowl are the most popular.  Like 312-319 and 304-327.  Not counting the non-drinking seats, those are bad news.  Center ice seats 307-309 and 322-324 are also popular.  308 rarely has anything available.  Lower bowl, I might take a pair in 117 if they come up, but not much else.  Glass is horrible, the same as sitting front row at a movie.  

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

The cheap seats in the upper bowl are the most popular.  Like 312-319 and 304-327.  Not counting the non-drinking seats, those are bad news.  Center ice seats 307-309 and 322-324 are also popular.  308 rarely has anything available.  Lower bowl, I might take a pair in 117 if they come up, but not much else.  Glass is horrible, the same as sitting front row at a movie.  

I’m in 319 this year on the cheap side and love my seat 

21 hours ago, Rypper_37 said:

I don't know but now you've put that into my head.... I probably would feel uncomfortable in the front row too!  Next time you attend a game in the upper bowl, or if you attend the seat relocation, just go stand down there and see how you feel.  If you feel all vertigo-ish, then I would avoid it.  Who wants to be worrying about falling when attending a game.

Oh and that brings up another point about upper bowl vs lower bowl.  I like how there are railings to hold when going up and down the stairs in the upper bowl.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SerenityNow said:

I'm full season and still not received anything.  

Supposedly Friday they will be sent out 

13 hours ago, Rypper_37 said:

Has anyone received their renewal email yet? Maybe it's different dates depending on your membership (full/half/quarter) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, BCNeil said:

First time season ticket holder this year.  I wanted 322/323 or 309/308 Row 1 but ended up with 322 Row 5 near the 321 border.  While I generally like the seats and view, I am annoyed by people obscuring my view when they sit at the edge of their seats and/or lean forward!  Doesn't appear like the 6-7 seats in front of me are STH occupied and there is a revolving door of new people with poor seat etiquette.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I don't know but now you've put that into my head.... I probably would feel uncomfortable in the front row too!  Next time you attend a game in the upper bowl, or if you attend the seat relocation, just go stand down there and see how you feel.  If you feel all vertigo-ish, then I would avoid it.  Who wants to be worrying about falling when attending a game.

Oh and that brings up another point about upper bowl vs lower bowl.  I like how there are railings to hold when going up and down the stairs in the upper bowl.

Very good idea! I'll try out some different seats for the seat relocation event. I do feel a bit of vertigo when I'm that high up (if I'm being honest). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rypper_37 said:

Very good idea! I'll try out some different seats for the seat relocation event. I do feel a bit of vertigo when I'm that high up (if I'm being honest). 

There's also less oxygen when get up to that altitude in level 300 and above.  It's really bad up in the section 500 rafters where they supply supplemental oxegen mask and parachutes.