The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former B.C. child star had plans to kill Justin Trudeau after killing his mother: documents

CBH1926

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Harsher sentences don’t make a damned bit of difference to future offences by different criminals.  But they make a hell of a lot of difference to repeat offenders committing crimes again, especially if it’s the death penalty or life in prison with no chance of ever getting out.  Lock up the scum and ne er let them see the light of day.  Violent criminals should be locked up or dead.  No way out for them.  

I guess, I just wouldn't expect it to make any kind of difference in crime rates. 

7 hours ago, 4petesake said:

I can’t disagree with anything you’ve said here but I will add that getting it wrong even once is too high a price.

9C787053-27C2-4D6B-88A1-331A6F7B2DD2.jpeg

This is one of those “whatabout” this arguments.  Of course it’s terrible innocent people are punished.  

But when it’s a slum dunk, like the case in this situation, fry the bastard.  

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I guess, I just wouldn't expect it to make any kind of difference in crime rates. 

Personally, I don’t care about fancy stats for violent criminals.  The murderer in this case should never get out of prison.  It’s way too lenient what his max sentence will be.  Really he should be hanged, but we don’t do that anymore.  So lock him up and throw away the key.  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Personally, I don’t care about fancy stats for violent criminals.  The murderer in this case should never get out of prison.  It’s way too lenient what his max sentence will be.  Really he should be hanged, but we don’t do that anymore.  So lock him up and throw away the key.  

I get it. If it were my mom I'd likely want that too. 

Our system does things poorly imo. White collar guys who plan things well in advance and hurt lots of people often get nothing of consequence, maybe a fat fine. Mentally ill people get no treatment and come out worse out of the system and hurt more people. It would be nice if we could balance this out more. 

19 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I get it. If it were my mom I'd likely want that too. 

Our system does things poorly imo. White collar guys who plan things well in advance and hurt lots of people often get nothing of consequence, maybe a fat fine. Mentally ill people get no treatment and come out worse out of the system and hurt more people. It would be nice if we could balance this out more. 

Mental illness, being drunk, or whatever the excuse (IMO) should do nothing to keep a violent criminal locked up until he's dead.  

White collar crimes are a different topic.