The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2022 - 23

Mike Vanderhoek

TRADE: The Florida Panthers have made a trade with the Dallas Stars.

To DAL:

spacer.png FLA 2023 1st Round Draft Selection (8th overall)

To FLA:

spacer.png PIT 2023 1st Round Draft Selection (17th overall)
spacer.png TB 2024 1st Round Draft Selection
spacer.png WSH 2024 1st Round Draft Selection

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Los Angeles Kings have made a trade with the New York Rangers.

To NYR:

spacer.png LA 2023 1st Round Draft Selection (10th overall)

To LA:

spacer.png Ty Nelson

spacer.png Jordan Dumais
spacer.png TB 2023 1st Round Draft Selection

We're very pleased to have come to terms with this deal. While our scouting staff were obviously excited at the prospect of selecting 10th overall, they were equally as excited by the fact that we were picking up the '23 QMJHL MVP in Jordan Dumais (140 points in 64 games for Halifax) and an OHL d-man who finished 3rd in points in Ty Nelson (76 points in 67 games with 296 (!!!) shots for North Bay) this season, while also remaining in the 1st Round of this deep 2023 Entry Draft. The value of Dumais and Nelson in their D+1 seasons have sky-rocketed, and by a few metrics that we've become fond of for prospect valuation we feel that these two players were worth the price.

We passed over some other excellent offers that involved some serious draft capital both this year and next to fast-track our process with these two players who we feel could contribute very soon. When adding these two to our 2022 Draft Class including Simon Nemec, Seamus Casey, Vinzenz Rohrer, Dylan James and Cruz Lucius, on top of some past undrafted players like Ryker Evans, William Dufour and Elliot Desnoyers, plus whomever we select at #30 and #58 this summer, we believe that our time is right around the corner.

Thanks to @Brettzky for the back-and-forth talks, and we hope you get the player you want at #10.

Edited by arby18_
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Montreal Canadiens have made a trade with the Arizona Coyotes.

To MTL:
spacer.png Victor Hedman

spacer.png Alexander Georgiev

To ARI:

spacer.png Carl Grundstrom
spacer.png Denis Gurianov
spacer.png Victor Sternbjorg
spacer.png WPG 2023 1st Round Draft Selection (28th overall)

Unfortunately, not a deal we wanted to make but our options with Hedman were limited due to his NMC and teams willing or wanting to absorb his contract.

Although we weren’t over the cap yet, with terms agreed already with two pending UFA and a important RFA, we were going to have to lose a deal to get all our ducks in a row. Other options that were provided were even more hindering to our future.

Like two years ago, our goal was to retool and adjust our core.

Excited to add Carl, Victor, Denis and a 1st round pick.

I think Gurianov is greater than his current body of work testifies to. Good pick up

Just at a glance, his final ten games with Montreal were flat, with drastically reduced minutes, so i am counting those out as a "tankmode'' club tactic.

BUT his eight games directly before those final ten ... 4 goals and 3 assists is more like what I expectted out of Denis after his great 'bubble season" of 20/21 was it? or 19/20...cant recall but he was on fire that short year. With the right usage and linemates he is a year in and year out half a point per game kind of guy, and being taller than the average< he is likely only now reaching his 'best years'. I like him, which is rare, as he is russian, i think, and i rarely like them.

Edited by Primal Optimist
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I think Gurianov is greater than his current body of work testifies to. Good pick up

Just at a glance, his final ten games with Montreal were flat, with drastically reduced minutes, so i am counting those out as a "tankmode'' club tactic.

BUT his eight games directly before those final ten ... 4 goals and 3 assists is more like what I expectted out of Denis after his great 'bubble season" of 20/21 was it? or 19/20...cant recall but he was on fire that short year. With the right usage and linemates he is a year in and year out half a point per game kind of guy, and being taller than the average< he is likely only now reaching his 'best years'. I like him, which is rare, as he is russian, i think, and i rarely like them.

Would tend to agree

Willing to take the gamble on him as Peterka and Berggren have already established themselves and will be full timers for me next year

2 hours ago, canuck2xtreme said:

TRADE: The Montreal Canadiens have made a trade with the Arizona Coyotes.

To MTL:
spacer.png Victor Hedman

spacer.png Alexander Georgiev

To ARI:

spacer.png Carl Grundstrom
spacer.png Denis Gurianov
spacer.png Victor Sternbjorg

Fire Garbage GIF

• There it is 1

Kadri still available out of Toronto. Mid to late 1st + solid prospect is the ask (or equivalent).. Once free agency kicks off we will be taking him off the block.

There are plenty of teams in need of a top 6 C.. Shocking there has been close to 0 interest by any club to acquire him :blink:

If you swing and miss in free agency, don't come looking after that :ph34r:

• Huggy Bear 1

KADRI HAS BEEN DEALT

Maple Leafs now hold a total of 9 2023 draft picks and may be open to moving a couple, and possibly explore trade up/down scenerio's.

MAPLE LEAFS 2023 PICKS

CURRENT 2023-24 NHL ROSTER

E. Kane - C. McDavid - XXXXXX

O. Palat - J. Hughes - R. Smith

XXXXXX - XXXXXX - P. Kessel

XXXXXX - P. Stastny - XXXXXX

XXXXXX - XXXXXX

Q. Hughes - L. Hughes

D. Nurse - B. Schneider

B. Kulak - XXXXXX

J. Livingstone

I. Samsonov

C. Ingram

PROJECTED CAP SPACE: $15.35M

CURRENT 2023-24 AHL ROSTER

K. Clifford - S. Carrick - L. Shaw

T. Bordeleau - A. Gaudette - X. Bourgault

V. Koivunen - W. Kaiser - W. Lockwood

N. Pasic - R. Duran - F. Karlstrom

B. Murray - T. Wong - N. Smith

J. Slavin

B. Hunt - B. Hutton

J. Rathbone - M. Kessel

XXXXXX - C. Corcoran

E. Portillo

I. Fedotov

With 8 holes to fill and just $15.3M cap space we will likely need to rely on a trade or 2 with retention to really help put us over the top in the next couple years. We have multiple pieces available, including the 2024 NYR 1st, that is a potential 2025 lottery ticket, should the 2024 NYR pick land in the top 10. We also have our own 2025 picks coming up as well. We will see how free agency plays out before deciding to trade any valuable assets, but if an offer that makes sense hits my desk before then we may just pull the trigger.

We would like to thank Nazem Kadri for his contributions to our club over the past couple seasons, and wish him well with his new club. The clubhouse lost a leader in the room, but we felt this was best for both sides. Kadri was stuck behind McDavid & Hughes on our depth chart, so this should benefit his game by getting more minutes, and we free up some cap space to help fill out the roster. 

We have been in talks with both Colin Miller's & Jimmy Vesey's agents in hopes of getting them back for a potential cup run. If successful that would be 2 of the 8 holes filled there. We also have a lot of young guys that could push for roster spots come training camp, but we can't depend on maybe's if we want to really contend this year, so we will be looking to fill all 8 spots via trades & free agency. 

Good luck to @aGENT & @Mike Vanderhoek on their finals matchup. Hope to be where you guys are this time next year!

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

MAPLE LEAFS TRADE BLOCK

2024 Conditional NYR 1st 

A potential unprotected 2025 1st that could potentially nab you Bedard 2.0. He goes by the name Michael Misa.. Don't Misa this opportunity.. Give me the pieces to win the next 2-3 years and he may just be yours :ph34r:

F Thomas Bordeleau (SJS)

We do not necessarily want to trade this stud, but if we want to push for the cup the next couple seasons we understand we may have to give up a young stud or 2. If you're a rebuilding team that thinks they have something intriguing to offer me, don't hesitate to reach out with an offer.

F Dmitry Buchelnikov (DET)

Our big steal of the draft last year may be available for the right offer. We got him with the very last pick of the GML draft, only to see him go to the Red Wings in the 2nd round of the NHL draft. The speedy winger has very good offensive instincts and could become a n elite point producer in the NHL someday. We would love to hang onto him and have him develop through our system, but we understand to get you have to give.

F Ville Koivunen (CAR)

Another solid prospect we also don't want to move, but may be willing to for the right deal.

Other pieces that may be moved include...

Any draft pick in our arsenal

F Frederik Karlstrom (pending rfa)

F Kyle Clifford 

F Brett Murray

F Nathan Smith

F Josiah Slavin

D Jack Rathbone

We are planning on being very active over the next week or 2 in the trade market, as we try and get this team ready for a cup run next season!

Making the playoffs this year was nice, but we have our eyes set on much bigger goals in the near future!

NEEDS

Top line winger

preferably with 2-3 years left on deal, and with max retention for 2 years. Must be on a contending team.

Top 4 Dman

preferably with 2-3 years left on deal, and with max retention for 2 years. Must be on a contending team.

Multiple bottom 6 forwards

Looking for cheap contracts on playoff contending teams. Would prefer them to be on top contenders. Bonus points if they're a Devil, Oiler, or Knight.

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

Maple Leafs have made another trade today to move up from #45. Our 2023 picks are now 35, 41, 44, 52, 71, 72, 100, 108, 125.

We're also in talks on multiple fronts about adding a top 4 Dman and a top line winger. Buchelnikov's name has been floated around a lot, and there's a strong sense some big moves will be made in Toronto over the next few days.

The Kings have taken care of a lot of business ahead of the draft, inking a number of RFA's to deals as well as bringing in some more young talent. We are very comfortable with our current setup and don't think we'll be big players in free agency, as we'll likely try to work around the edges of the roster in that regard. We also expect that we'll have to deal with our 3-headed monster in net, but we're in no rush for that and are interested to see what happens to Mackenzie Blackwood this summer as we expect that he won't be qualfied by New Jersey. 

With Noah Cates, Jack Drury, Alex Alexeyev and Akira Schmid all extended, our current franchise depth chart looks like this (all remaining UFA's and RFA's will not be offered contracts):

LA KINGS ROSTER

Spoiler

Anders Lee - Sean Couturier - Alex Barabanov

Taylor Hall - Nicklas Backstrom - Noah Cates

Eetu Luostarinen - Pius Suter - Matt Coronato

Alexei Toropchenko - Jack Drury - Noah Gregor

Jujhar Khaira

Kaiden Guhle - Justin Schultz

JJ Moser - Nick Jensen

Alex Alexeyev - Erik Gudbranson

Gavin Bayreuther

Akira Schmid

Chris Driedger

IR: Jakub Voracek, Tanner Pearson

PALM SPRINGS TROPICS ROSTER

Spoiler

Brandon Biro - Elliot Desnoyers - Alex Laferriere

Jackson Kunz - William Dufour - Martin Kaut

Curtis Hall - Cole Huckins - Ozzy Weisblat

Travis Dermott - Evan Nause

Kale Clague - Filip Roos

Simon Kubicek

Mackenzie Blackwood

Triston Lennox

Patrik Hamlra

2022 DRAFT PICKS:

Spoiler

Simon Nemec, Ty Nelson, Seamus Casey, Jordan Dumais, Danil Ivanov, Ryker Evans, Cruz Lucius, Vinzenz Rohrer, Dylan James, Jordan Frasca

2023 DRAFT SELECTIONS:

30, 58, 97, 105, 118, 124

Edited by arby18_

TRADE: The Vancouver Canucks have made a trade with the Arizona Coyotes.

To VAN:

To ARI:

spacer.png VAN 2023 2nd Round Draft Selection (35th overall)
spacer.png SEA 2023 4th Round Draft Selection (114th overall)