The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Abbotsford Canucks Thread

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd be very interested to see what Bains would be like on a line with Petey and Kuz.

Him and Karlsson are working really well together.  They might work pretty well with a center who likes to slide into open areas and shoot, and can think the game at a high level. 

Edit: Daydream is that in the 2023 draft we end up with Zach Benson, who joins Bains and Karlsson to form the kid line on the 2024-25 Canucks ;) 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

We all need to keep in mind that both Raty and Klim are only 20.......both players are looking like legit NHLers in a couple years

Yeah, I see no reason to push them ahead of schedule and try and skip out on building up their fundamentals in the developmental league, AHL.  

It's better to get a fully polished 22 year old NHL player that can play in all situations, as opposed to rushing a 20 year old player who can only be trusted in offensive situations and is barely staying afloat in the NHL.  Virtanen, McCann, Gaudette are all prime examples.  McCann was the only one who could overcome the early career pitfalls that this situation presented and took years before he came into his own in the NHL.  

7 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Yeah, I see no reason to push them ahead of schedule and try and skip out on building up their fundamentals in the developmental league, AHL.  

It's better to get a fully polished 22 year old NHL player that can play in all situations, as opposed to rushing a 20 year old player who can only be trusted in offensive situations and is barely staying afloat in the NHL.  Virtanen, McCann, Gaudette are all prime examples.  McCann was the only one who could overcome the early career pitfalls that this situation presented and took years before he came into his own in the NHL.  

Agreed, do it right.  There's no rush for either of those players and they are getting outstanding coaching down there and will both be complete players in a couple years.  I hope they can get Lek, Jurmo and DPetey over soon as I think they'll get better coaching in Abby .......Forsell maybe too